GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: MetalDog on June 01, 2013, 04:35:40 PM

Title: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: MetalDog on June 01, 2013, 04:35:40 PM
I always thought Dane Cook was un-funny.   He also struck me as a supreme douche.   Now he's proven it:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/benefit-concert-unites-americans-love-boston-hatred-dane-061745789.html
Title: Re: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: Martok on June 01, 2013, 07:53:35 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who finds Cook both not funny and a douchebag.  This latest move by him surprises me not at all. 

Title: Re: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: Staggerwing on June 01, 2013, 08:28:41 PM
I can't say I've ever heard any of his stuff. From your reactions I'm thinking that he might be this decade's Andrew Dice Clay.
Title: Re: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: Arctic Blast on June 02, 2013, 01:17:13 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 01, 2013, 08:28:41 PM
I can't say I've ever heard any of his stuff. From your reactions I'm thinking that he might be this decade's Andrew Dice Clay.

Not even close. Dice was notable because he went so far over what was then considered 'the line' that you could understand the attention he received. Dane's early popularity was puzzling to me because I never found him to be funny. He struck me as the guy who was really trying way too hard to be funny, and that never works.

Title: Re: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: Martok on June 02, 2013, 03:28:31 AM
Dane Cook is the early 21st-century equivalent of Seinfeld. 

Title: Re: Dane Cook proves it!
Post by: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 11:12:21 AM
Dice needed the money! OH!