GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: DanVerssen on June 10, 2013, 04:41:19 PM

Title: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: DanVerssen on June 10, 2013, 04:41:19 PM
BATTLE FOR STALINGRAD

Is at the printer!

Final rulebook is online!


PHANTOM LEADER DELUXE!

Will be arriving in a week!

UPCOMING GAMES!!!

It's going to be a busy few months. Very soon, we'll be putting up for pre-order or Kickstarter:

Tiger Leader (Designed by Rick Martin)

Cards of Cthulhu (Designed by Ian Richards)

Huey Leader (DVG design)

Warfighter (DVG design)

www.dvg.com
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: LongBlade on June 10, 2013, 05:35:57 PM
Sweet!

This Thursday I'm going to run an AAR of Thunderbold Apache Leader. Really enjoying playing it!
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: Jack Nastyface on June 12, 2013, 08:39:51 PM
Tiger Leader??? Sounds interesting, indeed!  I've been admittedly waiting for the spiritual successor to Patton's Best. 
Warfighter???  If this is based on small squad modern war ops, I am going to egotistically take some credit for planting the seed, as I distinctly recall discussing this many years ago in an Wargamer.com thread.  Don't make me go search for it...I rarely tread back in those forums.
Edit:  sorry, couldn't help myself...here's the conversation http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=176537 (http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=176537)   June 26, 2006.  I am not losing my mind.
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 12, 2013, 09:33:34 PM
and in that thread, y'all somehow missed my link / mention / shameless plug to BayonetGames' Warfighter series

http://www.bayonetgames.com/warfighter.htm

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bayonetgames.com%2Fimages%2F1theguardscover.jpg&hash=0b2d57a0e1c08cc4cb31af386f9db88a3984f118)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bayonetgames.com%2Fimages%2F1AZCover.jpg&hash=a84b132bc18a011a7d6503db29c064b64f417600)

Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: MikeGER on June 13, 2013, 02:06:25 AM
Dan, i would like to read more about the upcoming games :)

when will a glimpse at the content/rules.pdf (esp of Huey) go on line at your place ?
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: GJK on June 13, 2013, 05:42:30 AM
Wow, I was even in that old discussion.

I believe that I posted a message here a few months ago asking about a modern tactical game.  Don't make me look up the link....Not going to do it.  But yes, modern tactical would be great!  How about a "Door Kickers" but as a boardgame?

"Tiger Leader" would be another design that I would look long and hard at.  As suggested, a remake of "Patton's Best" but on the other side in a Tiger I.  Wow!
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: Staggerwing on June 13, 2013, 06:38:40 AM
Quote from: GJK on June 13, 2013, 05:42:30 AM
Wow, I was even in that old discussion.

I believe that I posted a message here a few months ago asking about a modern tactical game.  Don't make me look up the link....Not going to do it.  But yes, modern tactical would be great!  How about a "Door Kickers" but as a boardgame?

"Tiger Leader" would be another design that I would look long and hard at.  As suggested, a remake of "Patton's Best" but on the other side in a Tiger I.  Wow!

Somewhere out there is a 'Zhukov's Best' mod for PB.
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: son_of_montfort on June 14, 2013, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on June 10, 2013, 05:35:57 PM
Sweet!

This Thursday I'm going to run an AAR of Thunderbold Apache Leader. Really enjoying playing it!

I love that game, but I never make time to sit down and play. This summer I intend to hit it hardcore, along with Hornet Leader (which I just bought). DVG's solo system is the best in the business, IMHO, even better than the excellent system VPG uses for its State of Siege games.
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: MikeGER on June 14, 2013, 10:43:44 AM
Thunderbold Apache Leader has to be turned into an 1:1  for I-os, Android, and PC game !!!

If the burden to re-memorize the rules every time i start playing it, and the errors of enforcing them and at my bookkeeping are gone.
It would be fantastic! ...just the pure strategy and the planing to think about.... and the surprises when battleplan hits the battlefield. :)
 
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: Double Deuce on June 14, 2013, 11:25:44 PM
I'm not big on avaition games but that Tiger Leader certainly interests me.
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: DanVerssen on June 28, 2013, 04:23:07 AM
Thank you for all the interest!

We're prepping the games for pre-order or Kickstarter now. We should have art to show in a week or two.

For a big picture view...

Huey Leader will be like TAL, but in Vietnam. We're also adding troop transport and supply missions.

Tiger Leader will also be like TAL's basic systems, but will use more terrain hexes and have lots of different German vehicles.
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: MikeGER on June 28, 2013, 12:42:28 PM
Please develop the according VASSAL Modules of the new games simultaneously to the box version.
I wouldn't even mind if those modules get released before the box-versions are back from the printer and start shipping...

(i don't want to start a Groghead vs Groghead discussion about 'Box' versus 'Vassal module'. Both version have their pros and cons in different situation for each individual user. And i don't think the early availability of those modules would hurt the sales of the box version at all - no it stimulates them)  I've got both of TAL   
Title: Re: DVG - New Games Coming!
Post by: Rekim on June 28, 2013, 01:05:08 PM
It is an expensive habit - hanging around this place