GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: wargamerbrasil on June 25, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

Title: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on June 25, 2013, 05:12:30 PM
I´ve just started a new play. Now I´m playing DAK 2, in the scenario The Desert Campaign. It will follow the North African Campaign form 1940 to 1942.

Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: Ubercat on June 25, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
Thanks for making this video! DAK II is the next OCS game I plan to play on Vassal, so this should be fun to watch.

BTW, do you have a Vassal opponent for these vids, or are you doing it all solo?
Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on June 26, 2013, 05:13:28 AM
Hi Ubercat,

I have a Vassal opponent, I sent him a special thanks at the end of the video. I always ask people if they mind if I include and aknowledgment for the play. But sometimes they do.

But when you want to play OCS at Vassal, just call me...
Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: ArizonaTank on June 27, 2013, 05:31:39 AM
The game interests me...but being OOP and selling for upwards of $400+ on ebay, your AAR is about as close as I'll get...unless MMP does a reprint.
Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on July 03, 2013, 05:31:01 PM
Well, I wish they reprint too... I´m only playing because the other player has a copy. Unfortunately MMP DAK2 is already a reprint, and people say the last copies only were sold with promotional sales. So I don´t have much hope...  :(
Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on July 03, 2013, 05:32:04 PM
This is the second video of commented play of DAK2. Here we see the first turn.


Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on July 11, 2013, 07:32:21 PM
Here is the second turn and the Italians are already in trouble...

Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: Pinetree on July 13, 2013, 09:27:39 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 27, 2013, 05:31:39 AM
The game interests me...but being OOP and selling for upwards of $400+ on ebay, your AAR is about as close as I'll get...unless MMP does a reprint.

Well,you should head here: http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm (http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm) where you can download the latest OCS rules and if you click on the DAK link (or any other game for that matter) you can also download the game- specific rules as well.  There's also a link for the vassal modules at the bottom of the page. You should then have enough to play on vassal at least.
Title: Re: DAK - The Desert Campaign
Post by: wargamerbrasil on July 20, 2013, 07:18:58 AM
Here it is the third turn... Italian hopes are going down...