GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: bob48 on June 29, 2013, 04:08:55 PM

Title: Bulge Itch.
Post by: bob48 on June 29, 2013, 04:08:55 PM
I've been reading s few books on the Ardennes offensive and its given me the urge to get something on the games table.

Unfortunately, I sold off my old SPI copy of WaR a long time ago - its a good game but at 4 maps takes up more room than I have. I also missed buying GMT's 'Ardennes '44' and its out of print again, and nowhere can I find a copy, even a used one.

There are a few other games such as 'Bitter Woods' which Compass Games are re-doing, and 'The Gamers' had a nice game in the Standard Combat Series which, again, seems to be long out of print.

I'm really looking at Brigade/Division scale games, so if anyone can suggest any titles that are still in print, I'd be greatful.
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: Steelgrave on June 29, 2013, 04:18:30 PM
After reading the title of this thread, let me express my profound relief that you are talking about a war game........
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: bob48 on June 29, 2013, 04:20:22 PM
 :)
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: Staggerwing on June 29, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
Too much quality time in the Lingerie Channel?
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: bob48 on June 29, 2013, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 29, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
Too much quality time in the Lingerie Channel?

No such thing as 'too much time' in there. You been out in the sun without your hat on again?
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: Staggerwing on June 29, 2013, 05:36:40 PM
'Tis possible but I just had a cold beer and I'm feeling better.  ;)
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: GJK on June 29, 2013, 10:05:48 PM
I have a punched and lightly played copy of Ardennes '44 (first edition) that I may be willing to part with.
Title: Re: Bulge Itch.
Post by: bob48 on June 30, 2013, 06:17:49 AM
Quote from: GJK on June 29, 2013, 10:05:48 PM
I have a punched and lightly played copy of Ardennes '44 (first edition) that I may be willing to part with.

Thanks GJK, although to be honest, I was really after a second addition, but may still be interested. One problem may be the cost of shipping though.