GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: Staggerwing on July 11, 2013, 07:04:51 PM

Title: LANDSHIPS!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 11, 2013, 07:04:51 PM
I just recently picked up a copy of Landships! and was wondering if anyone else had experience with the game. I'm not likely to spend any time with it until winter but that could change if there are any strong songs of praise that could move it up a few rungs on my 'someday' list. How is it solo? Anyone know if there is a VASSAL mod?
Title: Re: LANDSHIPS!
Post by: GJK on July 11, 2013, 07:44:58 PM
I "dabbled" with it and liked what I saw but I don't have much experience with it.  I did create a ZunTzu gamebox for it:
http://www.zuntzu.com/files.htm#L

I think that for me personally, the stumbling block issues that I had were 1) WWI tactical combat, even trench warfare, just doesn't exhilerate me and 2) when I think tactical 20th century warfare, I immediately think ASL.  Still, I know that the game has a decent following.  See if that ZunTzu gamebox gives you enough of a chance to solo the game without having to break out your physical copy of the game.
Title: Re: LANDSHIPS!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 11, 2013, 07:46:18 PM
Thanks Gary. Maybe I won't wait until winter after all...  ;)
Title: Re: LANDSHIPS!
Post by: GJK on July 11, 2013, 08:39:30 PM
Yeah, let me know what you think of the system.  I could easily look at getting back into this one.