GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: LongBlade on July 19, 2013, 11:49:46 AM

Title: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: LongBlade on July 19, 2013, 11:49:46 AM
I get why this is happening, but I'm not sure it's right. I certainly don't like it.

Apparently a Boston PD photographer, unhappy with Rolling Stone's cover, decided to leak the photo of Tsarnaev as he was surrendering - all beaten, battered, and bruised.

How that is a bad thing is a question to me. I'd rather see that photo than the Rolling Stone one, and I applaud the guy for releasing it.

Images and more at the link.

QuoteThe photos show a downcast, disheveled Tsarnaev with the red dot of a sniper's rifle laser sight boring into his forehead. They were taken when Tsarnaev was captured April 19, bleeding and hiding in a dry-docked boat in a Watertown backyard.

Murphy said in a statement to Boston Magazine that Tsarnaev is evil and that his photos show the "real Boston bomber, not someone fluffed and buffed for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/19/police-photographer-releases-behind-scenes-photos-boston-bombing-suspect/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ZVjaPHzm
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: bayonetbrant on July 19, 2013, 11:51:08 AM
from what I know of the RS article, it's actually a very good, detailed, in-depth look at the kid and what turned him nuts.  I think if the cover photo didn't make him look like a rock star, and was instead some less-flattering photo, no one would care, and they'd actually pay attention to the article.
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: TheCommandTent on July 19, 2013, 10:07:28 PM
Interesting pictures.  Especially the one with the red sniper's dot on his forehead.
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 19, 2013, 10:10:19 PM
But where's the wound in his neck that supposedly prevents him from speaking?
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: endfire79 on July 19, 2013, 11:33:13 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 19, 2013, 10:10:19 PM
But where's the wound in his neck that supposedly prevents him from speaking?

That is an excellent question. 
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: Centurion40 on July 24, 2013, 08:29:04 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 19, 2013, 10:10:19 PM
But where's the wound in his neck that supposedly prevents him from speaking?

Maybe it came later when a Statey stepped on his throat while he was being cuffed?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fww2.hdnux.com%2Fphotos%2F21%2F11%2F57%2F4496361%2F3%2F628x471.jpg&hash=9ea049c6d6d726335572ff565323b707b0b56ec1)
Title: Re: Boston PD Photog Relieved After Leaking Photo
Post by: magnus on August 14, 2013, 06:36:15 PM
 I didn't understand and didn't go for it at first.

But, the gist is that even a kid who looks like that can be a nut bomber.