GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on July 23, 2013, 12:11:44 AM

Title: Did U know there is a SPWaW fix for win7/Vista
Post by: gameleaper on July 23, 2013, 12:11:44 AM
Hi If anybody is sad because SPWaW needs clicks to fire arty and colour is messed up on some win7 & Vista PCs there is a simple fix, the command script is on spwaw.com, and I added to the script from spwaw.com posts(go get it yourself)

SPWaW has got to be the best game ever created, and I got my Win7 running it like a dream, I thought my sytem was just incompatable.

Spwaw works on my windows8 with very slight arty clicking, SPWaW works perfect on lots of PCs XP Win7 Win8 etc... this script is for those PCs that don't. I would disconnect from the net while running but it seems ok, best to be sure

the script closes explorer and starts SPWaW on the second core, you can try just start mech.exe if you want, this has nothing to do with me , but I thought you guys should know about it.

here is the script
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------below

@echo off
@echo ================================================
@echo NCrawler's SPWAW Windows 7 color fix
@echo ================================================
@echo This fix closes explorer.exe, waits until it is closed and then launches SPWAW
@echo off

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
start /B /WAIT /AFFINITY 2 mech.exe
Start explorer.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------above
Title: Re: Did U know there is a SPWaW fix for win7/Vista
Post by: Boggit on July 24, 2013, 09:12:44 PM
Thanks for that. I haven't played SPWaW for ages, probably not even on my Win7 machine, so you post will be quite useful if I fire it up and have the graphic problems you mention. :)
Title: Re: Did U know there is a SPWaW fix for win7/Vista
Post by: gameleaper on July 25, 2013, 01:16:04 AM
Quote from: Boggit on July 24, 2013, 09:12:44 PM
Thanks for that. I haven't played SPWaW for ages, probably not even on my Win7 machine, so you post will be quite useful if I fire it up and have the graphic problems you mention. :)

Hi great hope to see you at spwaw.com

I double posted this thread, have a look at the other thread for extra details.