See:
Close Combat- Gateway to Cae
Surprised to see another Close Combat game, one would think all of their resources would be going into their CC 3D game (New CC engine).
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
This looks pretty good, still think it needs some detailed Ship/Aircraft/sub icons,in fact I can't think of any board game that doesn't.
Brother Against Brother
Is this the game that's been in development (in the coming soon section forever) at Matrix?
Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Still not sure of the scope of this one or timeframe, does it include War in the Med or only the US entry into the War? Odd to not see ships/naval taskforces.
Strategic Command 3
Is this just a remake of existing SC games with a new graphics or a new game engine?
Lock'n Load
Will this really get released this year?
Armageddon Warhammer
Still not much info on this one but, it seems it will be using a modified version of the Panzer Corp Engine.
Missing:
World in Flames
Sadly nothing new on this one.
I'm really surprised we haven't seen a Star General and/or a Fantasy General type game using the Panzer Corp game engine.
Things I'll bet didn't know
- Did you know Matrix has the Rights of Empires of the Fading Suns but, never did anything with it?
Quote from: SgtRock on July 23, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Lock'n Load
Will this really get released this year?
Yes. I have chatted with Walker a couple of times about it. The code is finished and it's in the production stage at Matrix. That means Erik is working on it. It will be released this year.
Quote from: SgtRock on July 23, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Things I'll bet didn't know
- Did you know Matrix has the Rights of Empires of the Fading Suns but, never did anything with it?
Bwuh?? :o
No, I did not know that...
Quote from: SgtRock on July 23, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Armageddon Warhammer
Still not much info on this one but, it seems it will be using a modified version of the Panzer Corp Engine.
shot down in flames on the other thread
Info on War in the West
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3370493 (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3370493)
Brother against Brother is the one that has been in development for a while. The developers were working Conflict of Heroes but are now apparently back on this one.
I don't get this 'new' Close Combat game. Instead of pushing ahead and waiting until something with a new engine, let's spam out another CC game that doesn't look any different at all? Really?
Speaking of Walker, did you know he's a former Navy officer?
Unless it's a different Mark H. Walker, I was looking for something on DTIC the other day and came across a thesis he wrote when he was a Lieutenant Commander. Neat stuff!
I'm beta testing lock n load. The code is pretty much finished. We are just looking at scenario balance.
Command is a definite 100% buy.
Lock and Load is an 80% buy.
Some good gaming coming down the pike!
Command is definitely 100% buy for me, that's why I didn't participate in the beta. I wanna be surprised.
I want Lock and Load
Quote from: Toonces on July 24, 2013, 12:22:15 AM
Speaking of Walker, did you know he's a former Navy officer?
Same dude. Spent 18 years as an EOD guy.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 24, 2013, 05:34:56 AM
Quote from: Toonces on July 24, 2013, 12:22:15 AM
Speaking of Walker, did you know he's a former Navy officer?
Same dude. Spent 18 years as an EOD guy.
Under-water EOD!