GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on August 01, 2013, 07:42:23 PM

Title: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Greybriar on August 01, 2013, 07:42:23 PM
According to Bethesda's blog (http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/01/the-complete-elder-scrolls-collection-comes-to-pc-this-september/), The Elder Scrolls Anthology for PC will be available for $79.99 U.S. on September 10th (and September 13th in Europe). The collection will include The Elder Scrolls Arena, The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles), and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (with Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn). On top of all this, the collection will include five physical maps for the lands of Tamriel, Iliac Bay, Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and Skyrim.

Even though I already own all the games, I'm still tempted to buy the anthology for the sake of completeness.
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: bbmike on August 01, 2013, 07:44:24 PM
I'll wait and snap it up at a discount when it's on sale.  ;D
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Kushan on August 01, 2013, 08:07:06 PM
I'll get it for the maps alone..... ::)
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Shelldrake on August 02, 2013, 05:58:12 AM
Nice!
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Staggerwing on August 02, 2013, 06:01:44 AM
I hope they fix Daggerfall so it will run on WIN7/WIN8. I grabbed it back when Bethesds released it for free to promote Oblivion (I think it was) but I couldn't get it to run, even under DOSbox.
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Shelldrake on August 02, 2013, 06:35:04 AM
Daggerfall is still available for free from Bethesda but seems to need XP/Vista and Dosbox to run.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/ (http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/)

Arena is also still free to download.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/ (http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/)

Here is a tutorial on installation using dosbox.

http://www.tesof.com/topic-tutorial-how-to-install-arena-and-daggerfall (http://www.tesof.com/topic-tutorial-how-to-install-arena-and-daggerfall)

Ancestral Ghost has configured both games for a one step setup! Enjoy! :)

http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN (http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN)
http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN (http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN)
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Gusington on August 02, 2013, 07:43:58 AM
Hmm I have Morrowind and Oblivion but nothing before them and no add ons...
Title: Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September
Post by: Shelldrake on August 03, 2013, 08:39:26 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on August 02, 2013, 06:35:04 AM
Ancestral Ghost has configured both games for a one step setup! Enjoy! :)

http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN (http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN)
http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN (http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN)

Both games work fine under Windows 7.