Of course, all I can think about is Monty Python, but, who doesn't when it comes to spam?! Civ IV MP is on deck this weekend and, time permitting, something Paradox.
I am putting Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar on the side for a while...too difficult. Lost the battle of Pharsalus too many times. Might start a new campaign on easy in winter :P. The Gallic Wars were ok but since i started the Civil War, things have gone badly...great great game...
So what am i going to play:
- I managed to pass mission 7 of Heroes of annihilated Empires....currentely working on mission 10. Category RTS.
- Hegemony Gold will replace Tin Soldiers in the category strategy/turn-based games.
- Children of the Nile Gold is the next city-builder i will playing.
On my laptop/netbook (in the same 3 categories), it's going to be:
- Tzar: the burden of the crown starting the campaign.
- Civilization III Conquest: playing the Ancient World scenarios as the Greeks (again)
- Caesar III...working on Capua.
Well - tonight because I'll be having a few beers, I'm going with some OOTP 13
For tomorrow I have some work round the house, but I think I'll do some DCS Black Shark and some more building/painting of my Trumpeter 1/35th Scale Challenger II
For Sunday, more work round the house and possibly some light gaming - maybe some Bioshock Infinite or some racing - rFactor 2 or GPL and some more model building.
Have a good one people.
Putting Civ V aside for a bit and will play some Dawn of War II. Also, The Great War: Total War releases his Saturday after a three year wait! And then Space Hulk on Tuesday.
Deadlock: Planetary Conquest tutorial/test games and some EU4 demo time!
Hmmmm...I'm enjoying the SU-25 in DCS...may fly a few leisurely missions if I get the chance. Otherwise, more GT: APOS, some ARMA 3 and more testing Command: Modern A/N Ops.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:52 AM
testing Command: Modern A/N Ops.
hows that going?
I will be diving head first into HOI III Italy AAR
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 09, 2013, 08:40:52 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:52 AM
testing Command: Modern A/N Ops.
hows that going?
I will be diving head first into HOI III Italy AAR
I'm playing HOI III as Italy as well.. discovering my noobness!
Continue my Vanilla Shogun 2 Campaign.
Hopefully something MP!
CIV V and dusting off some Men of War: Assault Squad
SDR has started a trend... between visitors and yard work I'll be diving into a HOI III German campaign.
Also trying to finish my CiV mod campaign as Arabia on an extremely large world map with true start locations on Epic speed.
EU IV demo.... really shouldn't 'cause it'll just make be buy the damn thing..... :P
Just as EU IV is about to be released, I'm finally getting around to learning EU III years after buying it and all of the DLC.
I'm almost ready to purchase a Panther in World of Tanks.
Fire up Euro Truck Simulator 2 when I feel the urge for a quick drive.
Quote from: WallysWorld on August 09, 2013, 09:20:26 AM
I'm almost ready to purchase a Panther in World of Tanks.
I hope your a patient person. the Panther --> E-50 line is a long one.
Quote from: Barthheart on August 09, 2013, 09:07:11 AM
SDR has started a trend...
Yeah I think so! I installed HoI3 with the awesome
BlackICE mod the other night. Am going to fire up a USA campaign this weekend.
re:
EUIV -- should someone like me who never clicked with CKII pass on this? I was also never able to get into EUIII. But despite this, I'm still intrigued by EUIV and tempted to buy when it's released....?
I've been trying to avoid all thoughts of Rome 2 TW.... Who said Rome 2? And catch-up on my Combat Mission letters( CMBN,CMFI,CMGL) and went back to the CMBN German campaign I had just about given-up on as too hard. But with some patience and a whole bunch of luck, I'm making steady progress. So the AI must be just about to do something I didn't see coming and crush me. After that, I'll probably kill something in Skyrim.
Quote from: Anguille on August 09, 2013, 06:22:24 AM
- Children of the Nile Gold is the next city-builder i will playing.
If you aren't aware of it allready you may want to have a look at the Horus Texture Overhaul Project here http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27248
As for myself some vanilla
Rome Total War as I didn't get around to it last weekend and possibly some
Grand Ages Rome or
Children of the Nile.
Starting yesterday I'm on vacation until Tuesday. Given then nice weather I;m not planing on spending much time inside. Got some shooting, fishing, and some time at the driving range planned, and maybe a day trip out to the Pacific coast.
My limited gaming time is open. Will definitely be playing some Crusader Kings 2, EUIV Demo, and Wargame: ALB. Other possibilities include just about everything on my Steam list. If I have time I need to spend some time working on my Skyrim mod as well.
I've also got four Let's Play's on YouTube I need to catch up on.
I'm working nightshifts so not much gaming for me. I am going to try out the BlackIce mod for HOI III that Mr. Nixon's head recommended. I'm just not sure which nation I should play.
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 09:57:08 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on August 09, 2013, 09:07:11 AM
SDR has started a trend...
Yeah I think so! I installed HoI3 with the awesome BlackICE mod the other night. Am going to fire up a USA campaign this weekend.
re: EUIV -- should someone like me who never clicked with CKII pass on this? I was also never able to get into EUIII. But despite this, I'm still intrigued by EUIV and tempted to buy when it's released....?
EU IV will be different from CK II in that you are no longer running a family dynasty, you are now running the country as a whole.
If you didn't get into EU III you probably wont' get EU IV as it's just more of the same.
Try the demo to be sure. Also go back and try playing EU III and see if it interests you more now....
Quote from: Kushan on August 09, 2013, 12:19:33 PM
Starting yesterday I'm on vacation until Tuesday. Given then nice weather I;m not planing on spending much time inside. Got some shooting, fishing, and some time at the driving range planned, and maybe a day trip out to the Pacific coast.
theres got to be a way to combine golf and shooting.... something like skeet golf where your allowed to take down your oppenents golf balls in flight.
When time allows i believe i'll be jumping into Spartan & Gates of Troy, thx to Bison and Anguille i have the mods loaded for the games. Think i'll try a medium sized campaign with the berserker mod.
DOTA 2, DDO, and some Beta Testing as time permits. I freaking addicted to DOTA 2. /sigh/
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
I'm working nightshifts so not much gaming for me. I am going to try out the BlackIce mod for HOI III that Mr. Nixon's head recommended. I'm just not sure which nation I should play.
Glad to hear it. Once you go Black(ICE), you'll never go back (to vanilla hoi). Conceptually probably the only significant difference is the very different tech trees, and to a lesser extent the wider variety of units. Still, if you've played vanilla you can adjust to ICE easily enough.
If you don't want to play one of the Heavy Hitters, you might find Italy interesting. It's too bad HoI3 never really got the naval war to work well, else Japan would be a blast (not that Japan isn't among the Heavy Hitters, it is, although it strikes me as more challenging than USA/USSR/Germany/UK).
@Barthheart -- thanks for the tips. In many ways, it's the dynasty management in CK2 that most strains my interest. Which I suppose is a little like saying, "I love WW2 games, but armored warfare kinda bores me."
But EUIV just looks so pretty I may have to pick it up regardless of my failures with CK2 and EUIII...
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on August 09, 2013, 12:02:33 PM
Quote from: Anguille on August 09, 2013, 06:22:24 AM
- Children of the Nile Gold is the next city-builder i will playing.
If you aren't aware of it allready you may want to have a look at the Horus Texture Overhaul Project here http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27248
As for myself some vanilla Rome Total War as I didn't get around to it last weekend and possibly some Grand Ages Rome or Children of the Nile.
Thanks...i'll try it.
Cheers
Dota 2 pretty much exclusively, because I am hardcore.
Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 02:24:31 PM
I freaking addicted to DOTA 2. /sigh/
Sorry. :D
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 09, 2013, 02:48:48 PM
Dota 2 pretty much exclusively, because I am hardcore.
Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 02:24:31 PM
I freaking addicted to DOTA 2. /sigh/
Sorry. :D
It's extra awesome when the ol' greybeard (me) PWNS the ever living schiznit out of smart mouthed punks still living in mama's basement. 8)
Supreme Commander 2..... FTW
More Birth of the Federation, naturally (although not til after I squeeze out the next chapter in my AAR). That galaxy ain't gonna just explore itself. 8)
I'm also in the mood for some medieval action, so probably either Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion or Crusader Kings 2.
Well between errands, jobs and duties I sat down at 1430 to tentatively start my HOI III italy game, and then it was 2030 - holy shit!!! And its only february '36!
Getting around to some....
SoTS II
CK II
Distant Worlds
and whatever is on the left of stuff I can get to that I need to work down.
PE
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 02:35:50 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
I'm working nightshifts so not much gaming for me. I am going to try out the BlackIce mod for HOI III that Mr. Nixon's head recommended. I'm just not sure which nation I should play.
Glad to hear it. Once you go Black(ICE), you'll never go back (to vanilla hoi). Conceptually probably the only significant difference is the very different tech trees, and to a lesser extent the wider variety of units. Still, if you've played vanilla you can adjust to ICE easily enough.
Are you using TFH? I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy. I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly. I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 02:35:50 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
I'm working nightshifts so not much gaming for me. I am going to try out the BlackIce mod for HOI III that Mr. Nixon's head recommended. I'm just not sure which nation I should play.
Glad to hear it. Once you go Black(ICE), you'll never go back (to vanilla hoi). Conceptually probably the only significant difference is the very different tech trees, and to a lesser extent the wider variety of units. Still, if you've played vanilla you can adjust to ICE easily enough.
Are you using TFH? I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy. I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly. I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.
Did you disable your other mods? Maybe they are conflicting? Haven't used any Mods in HOI III yet, so just guessing.
Yup. I disabled all other mods and even went back to a clean install but it crashes constantly.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
Are you using TFH? I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy. I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly. I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.
ugh sorry to hear that -- Yes I'm using TFH. Did you also d/l and install the "podcat's TFH .exe" -- there's a link below the 3.2c hotfix. I'm not sure what exactly it does (and in fact have posted on the forum because i'd like to know) -- but it seemed like an odd and easy to overlook step.
?
Man, you guys are making me think I need to boot up HOI3. I have a bunch of the HOI games, both disk and Steam, but never really tried them.
Anyway it's going to be: War of the Roses, Mount and Blade with the CRPG mod, and I'm not sure what else yet. Maybe some CK2.
Oh, and some Rising Storm/RO2 as usual.
Finally, getting back to doing some more testing of Flashpoint Campaigns.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2013, 06:33:04 AM
Well - tonight because I'll be having a few beers, I'm going with some OOTP 13
For tomorrow I have some work round the house, but I think I'll do some DCS Black Shark and some more building/painting of my Trumpeter 1/35th Scale Challenger II
For Sunday, more work round the house and possibly some light gaming - maybe some Bioshock Infinite or some racing - rFactor 2 or GPL and some more model building.
Have a good one people.
Hey Judge, not sure if you saw it but
F1: 2012 is on sale for $10 on Steam. From what I understand it's not super realistic, but I absolutely love it. Lots of fun if you are into that type of racing.
Keep in mind that I'm a relative racing sim n00b and I don't know a lot about car racing. I do know that I love racing in F1:2012 though, regardless of what the SimHQ guys say about it!
Not sure yet what I'll play, but it has to be something that won't eat up a massive amount of time for weeks on end. The Saints Row IV release approaches. ;D
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
Are you using TFH? I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy. I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly. I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.
ugh sorry to hear that -- Yes I'm using TFH. Did you also d/l and install the "podcat's TFH .exe" -- there's a link below the 3.2c hotfix. I'm not sure what exactly it does (and in fact have posted on the forum because i'd like to know) -- but it seemed like an odd and easy to overlook step.
?
Yup, you are correct. I missed that file. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow when I get home from work.
Civ 5 BNW as Vienna, a one city Civ. Also I still have recent purchases of Dragon Commander and Shadowrun that I haven't spent much time on.
Man I have completely forgotten how to play CK2... :(
Quote from: Toonces on August 09, 2013, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2013, 06:33:04 AM
Well - tonight because I'll be having a few beers, I'm going with some OOTP 13
For tomorrow I have some work round the house, but I think I'll do some DCS Black Shark and some more building/painting of my Trumpeter 1/35th Scale Challenger II
For Sunday, more work round the house and possibly some light gaming - maybe some Bioshock Infinite or some racing - rFactor 2 or GPL and some more model building.
Have a good one people.
Hey Judge, not sure if you saw it but F1: 2012 is on sale for $10 on Steam. From what I understand it's not super realistic, but I absolutely love it. Lots of fun if you are into that type of racing.
Keep in mind that I'm a relative racing sim n00b and I don't know a lot about car racing. I do know that I love racing in F1:2012 though, regardless of what the SimHQ guys say about it!
Thx Toonces. I have it - bought it on release.
It's one of the few Codemasters games I like but my system is a "teensy" wee bit slow for it.
But thank you. I am now going to fire it up...but what track! HOCKENHEIM!
LOL.
Yeah, I bought it last Xmas for $50 I think as well. What a great game.
I got a wheel/pedal setup for Xmas and so I was looking for a good racing game to get. I don't know crap about racing, but it looked like fun. All I really knew is that I totally dig Formula 1 cars...I don't know much else really. So I looked at F1 and it seemed like a must have.
Later I browsed the SimHQ forums and they absolutely hate that game. Which is fine; they know more about "sim" racing than I do for sure. But holy crap is it just a fun game, realistic or not. I love it. Fortunately my computer runs it full-up so it's just an insanely awesome looking game, and super fun to boot.
CK2 is such a time-sink.
I reckon I have about a 10% idea of what the hell I'm doing in the game and it is still so damn fun I can't believe it. Like, I feel like I'm holding on, barely influencing the ride, but just enjoying the heck out of the show anyway. What an awesome game.
My Scotland campaign was essentially dead so I started a new campaign tonight. Actually two campaigns. The first one was as The Isles in the Old Gods DLC and I just had no idea what the hell was going on. So I restarted at the 1066 campaign as William the Bastard of Normandy and I'm about 30 years in so far. I failed the Norman Conquest (didn't quite understand who I was enemies with for about the first 10 years or so) but now I'm grooving and finally seized my first province. Anyway, I spend a good 3 hours playing without really knowing what I was doing, but doggone I just had to play one more turn, you know?
Amazing game for sure!
Quote from: Toonces on August 10, 2013, 04:37:27 AM
LOL.
Yeah, I bought it last Xmas for $50 I think as well. What a great game.
I got a wheel/pedal setup for Xmas and so I was looking for a good racing game to get. I don't know crap about racing, but it looked like fun. All I really knew is that I totally dig Formula 1 cars...I don't know much else really. So I looked at F1 and it seemed like a must have.
Later I browsed the SimHQ forums and they absolutely hate that game. Which is fine; they know more about "sim" racing than I do for sure. But holy crap is it just a fun game, realistic or not. I love it. Fortunately my computer runs it full-up so it's just an insanely awesome looking game, and super fun to boot.
rFactor 2 is absolutely amazing. I haven't played online yet, but the single player stuff is pretty good and the AI is none too crap either. It's really came together this last year
I've just been racing Hockenheim in my Formula 2 and the feel is fantastic.
I started up Shadowrun Returns last night and had a blast with it. Yes, the story is pretty much on rails, but it's interesting and the game itself if fun. Very '90's feel to it.
Today is probably some CMBN/CMFI or maybe back into my Alea Jacta Est campaign. I have some Tiller games running I need to get back to as well. Like everyone else, I have more games than I have time to play...
Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 03:35:17 PM
It's extra awesome when the ol' greybeard (me) PWNS the ever living schiznit out of smart mouthed punks still living in mama's basement. 8)
I had a great game last night. We still lost - I'm used to that - but for the first 75% of the game (as Sniper) I actually had more kills than deaths! I was laning with Sand King against Dragon Knight and Juggernaut. Dragon Knight was playing
very defensively which suited me just fine, but Juggernaut was playing like an absolute pillock. He was only ever dangerous late-game when his ultimate was good and powerful. I kicked his arse for him.
As usual...the end of game stats revealed that I was the only player of
both teams who did any denying at all... ::)
Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 03:35:17 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 09, 2013, 02:48:48 PM
Dota 2 pretty much exclusively, because I am hardcore.
Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 02:24:31 PM
I freaking addicted to DOTA 2. /sigh/
Sorry. :D
hmmm.. I live in my basement (when I game that is).. would that make me a punk! (if I decide to take the Dota plunge - downloading now)
It's extra awesome when the ol' greybeard (me) PWNS the ever living schiznit out of smart mouthed punks still living in mama's basement. 8)
Do you own the basement or does your Mom? That is the key distinction.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 09, 2013, 09:31:17 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on August 09, 2013, 09:20:26 AM
I'm almost ready to purchase a Panther in World of Tanks.
I hope your a patient person. the Panther --> E-50 line is a long one.
and the trophy, the E-50 M is an overweight princessy bitch on many maps, it plays like a heavy in many ways
no... it doesnt. its no brawler like the E-75 is. its a fast sniper with reasonable armor. the best thing about it over the E-50m over the E-50 is a rear transmission so your not catching fire or getting immobilized from low frontal shots. the whole line are snipers first and foremost.
Quote from: Bison on August 11, 2013, 11:08:00 AM
Do you own the basement or does your Mom? That is the key distinction.
Lol, no it's mine. My gaming Pc is in the unfinished cellar. In some ways I like it, my Total Gyms is down there, my PC is hooked up to my Stereo, so I can crank it! Sometimes I wish I was upstairs in the playroom with my two boys, so I could MP with them. But sometimes I appreciate my man cave as well.
I have a man corner, which gets smaller seemingly every day.
Quote from: Bison on August 11, 2013, 01:23:57 PM
I have a man corner, which gets smaller seemingly every day.
Lol, at times my wife wants to store more crap down there, but I tell her it's not a good place to store stuff!
I've somehow acquired a new cardboard box princess castle and a pink shag area rug. /sigh/ It's takes everything I got to keep it manly which I do with a set of D&D 3.5 Core Rulebooks and a few other trinkets.
I have kids toys around me as well, and because my wife teaches pre-school, we cant throw any of it out.
Quote from: Tuna on August 11, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
I have kids toys around me as well, and because my wife teaches pre-school, we cant throw any of it out.
Sure but do you know the name of every My Little Pony, Disney Princess, and have a detailed understanding of Mermaids?
Quote from: Bison on August 11, 2013, 01:59:05 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 11, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
I have kids toys around me as well, and because my wife teaches pre-school, we cant throw any of it out.
Sure but do you know the name of every My Little Pony, Disney Princess, and have a detailed understanding of Mermaids?
Lol, no all boys. I think it's a lot those Popeye Rescue Heroes dudes. I loved when the boys moved on to video games, both PC and Xbox, nomore toys to pick up! I'm just stuck with the old ones!
I have a 'study,' where the subjects most days are PC games and pr0n.
Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2013, 03:16:51 PM
I have a 'study,' where the subjects most days are PC games and pr0n.
+1 and my comic book collection. :)
My comics are in storage :(
I will be playing CK2 with a new mod I just downloaded. I forget what it was called, but it's supposed to add many new provinces. So my schedule has been decided for the next 2 weeks, or so...
^Neat avatar. If that's you, you must be pushing 115.
Just lost my CKII formation of Norway and quest for Scandinavian Empire with the invasion from Denmark, then Sweden and then internal revolt. I had just handed my Norwegian empire over to my son when it all went down hill...... thus the dream has ended....
PE
I've been trying out a couple of mods for CK2 today. Right now I'm leaning towards the Prince and the Thane mod over CK2+, but the Prince and the Thane mod hasn't been updated to the latest version of CK2 so I'm getting a lot of random CTD's. I may have to use CK2+ just to save myself the headache of dealing with those. Going to start my first game as a count, the Count of Aargau, of the Hapsburg dynasty.
At some point I want to try out the Elder Kings and Game of Thrones mods for CK2 as well. Going to wait for Elder Kings to develop a little more, and I really need to finish reading the GoT books before I play the mod.
You can put me down in the "Man-Corner" group too. But at least it has a window view.
Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2013, 05:36:03 PM
^Neat avatar. If that's you, you must be pushing 115.
It's a famous person. Can anyone guess who it is?
That's a tough one...
Tina Turner?
odd job?
Butch Cassidy ;D
what I wrapped up on Saturday
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D6789.0%3Battach%3D2109%3Bimage&hash=d6344b38acf85b6c6484b3649ad345ff58adcc5b)
Quote from: hurryover on August 11, 2013, 10:22:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2013, 05:36:03 PM
^Neat avatar. If that's you, you must be pushing 115.
It's a famous person. Can anyone guess who it is?
duh...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_leOygNsbzH0%2FS9hDCBnsvNI%2FAAAAAAAAAec%2FotCFDZJLhv0%2Fs1600%2Fbusinessman_in_a_bowler_hat.jpg&hash=95bebf99e54ba7eefedaa24584fa4a7969267d63)
isaac newton?
and well done on the Civ game
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 12, 2013, 08:19:23 AM
what I wrapped up on Saturday
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D6789.0%3Battach%3D2109%3Bimage&hash=d6344b38acf85b6c6484b3649ad345ff58adcc5b)
Nice job, chief! Is that later on in the same campaign (we've been following on the front page)?
Quote from: Martok on August 12, 2013, 09:36:56 AMNice job, chief! Is that later on in the same campaign (we've been following on the front page)?
Nope - that one's Carthage. This one's Venice (look up at the top of the screen for the identifying Civ icon). I wanted to give Venice a spin to see how the "can't build Settlers" thing worked out.
comments here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6980.msg170007#msg170007
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 12, 2013, 08:19:23 AM
what I wrapped up on Saturday
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D6789.0%3Battach%3D2109%3Bimage&hash=d6344b38acf85b6c6484b3649ad345ff58adcc5b)
Diplomatic victory???? And you call yourself a wargamer...
I conquered Rome along the way. But I was also playing as Venice, and it's almost all trade, diplomacy, and cash.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 12, 2013, 10:57:06 AM
I conquered Rome along the way. But I was also playing as Venice, and it's almost all trade, diplomacy, and cash.
Nice job, not sure of how successful a strategy that'd be in multi-player though. Guys like me would just invade you sooner rather than later.... unless you bribed me with lots of shiny stuff
other comments here: http://grogheads.com/?p=1912
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
Butch Cassidy ;D
Yes. Good call. You have an image comparison software somewhere? ;)
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
Butch Cassidy ;D
Yes. Good call. You have an image comparison software somewhere? ;)
No, he looked like he was in a 'group' picture.. first, I don't know why I googled Untouchables, but the Hat on your guy was way different from their era. So then I searched on Outlaws.. and I saw this in one of the group pictures, that said Butch Cassidy.. so then I searched on his name and came up with quite a few instances..
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
Butch Cassidy ;D
Yes. Good call. You have an image comparison software somewhere? ;)
No, he looked like he was in a 'group' picture.. first, I don't know why I googled Untouchables, but the Hat on your guy was way different from their era. So then I searched on Outlaws.. and I saw this in one of the group pictures, that said Butch Cassidy.. so then I searched on his name and came up with quite a few instances..
Well done.
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:50:50 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
Butch Cassidy ;D
Yes. Good call. You have an image comparison software somewhere? ;)
No, he looked like he was in a 'group' picture.. first, I don't know why I googled Untouchables, but the Hat on your guy was way different from their era. So then I searched on Outlaws.. and I saw this in one of the group pictures, that said Butch Cassidy.. so then I searched on his name and came up with quite a few instances..
Well done.
The most common hat for cowboys was the Bowler (a.k.a. the Derby), then here in Blighty it was more commonly worn by bankers, draw your own comparrisons :)
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on August 12, 2013, 01:15:53 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:50:50 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
Butch Cassidy ;D
Yes. Good call. You have an image comparison software somewhere? ;)
No, he looked like he was in a 'group' picture.. first, I don't know why I googled Untouchables, but the Hat on your guy was way different from their era. So then I searched on Outlaws.. and I saw this in one of the group pictures, that said Butch Cassidy.. so then I searched on his name and came up with quite a few instances..
Well done.
The most common hat for cowboys was the Bowler (a.k.a. the Derby), then here in Blighty it was more commonly worn by bankers, draw your own comparrisons :)
The history professor with the assist...
I still think it may be Tina Tuner, before she met Ike.
I first looked at Wyatt Earp and his team, then some villains (Jesse James, Billy the Kidd) and then the Untouchables....and then i gave up :P
Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2013, 01:31:44 PM
I still think it may be Tina Tuner, before she met Ike.
you mean before she met Smuck... he's quite the beautician talent
That's not Butch Cassidy. I saw that movie about 50 times and he doesn't look anything like that guy, even without HD. Everybody knows the REAL Butch Cassidy looks just like Cool Hand Luke. You people need to watch more TV. ;) ;) ;)
Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2013, 01:31:44 PM
I still think it may be Tina Tuner, before she met Ike.
You mean before Ike beat her into a female?
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
That's not Butch Cassidy. I saw that movie about 50 times and he doesn't look anything like that guy, even without HD. Everybody knows the REAL Butch Cassidy looks just like Cool Hand Luke. You people need to watch more TV. ;) ;) ;)
Cool Hand Luke is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Me too. I always try to avoid failures to communication.
"I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili"
-- last words of Kit Carson
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2013, 02:43:03 PM
Me too. I always try to avoid failures to communication.
Classic...
I might just have to watch it again tonight just because you've said that.
Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
No, he looked like he was in a 'group' picture.. first, I don't know why I googled Untouchables, but the Hat on your guy was way different from their era. So then I searched on Outlaws.. and I saw this in one of the group pictures, that said Butch Cassidy.. so then I searched on his name and came up with quite a few instances..
I just dragged the picture into Tineye...
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
Are you using TFH? I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy. I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly. I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.
ugh sorry to hear that -- Yes I'm using TFH. Did you also d/l and install the "podcat's TFH .exe" -- there's a link below the 3.2c hotfix. I'm not sure what exactly it does (and in fact have posted on the forum because i'd like to know) -- but it seemed like an odd and easy to overlook step.
?
It's up and running now. I feel overwhelmed all over again. Should be an interesting experience playing around with this new mod.