GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on August 12, 2013, 09:20:49 AM

Title: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Anguille on August 12, 2013, 09:20:49 AM
Here's the info:

http://www.iceberg-games.com/index.php?dispatch=news.view&news_id=27 (http://www.iceberg-games.com/index.php?dispatch=news.view&news_id=27)

Cheers
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Martok on August 12, 2013, 09:40:56 AM
Sweet!  I didn't realize they were that far along. 

Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Steelgrave on August 12, 2013, 10:00:20 AM
I'm sooooo disappointed that they didn't name the game Space Lords, just so I could play my favorite Monster Magnet song in the background  :P
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Martok on August 12, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
Great tune! 






More seriously, though, I hope they're not rushing the release on this one.  Last time I heard, Star Lords was still in alpha.  Granted, that was a month or two ago, but it's hard to not be at least a little concerned. 

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Iceberg is the publisher.  They've got a definite track record with 4x games (mostly good). 

Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:05:38 PM
Good to here. It's good to see somebody else getting business.
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: RedArgo on August 12, 2013, 06:26:31 PM
I felt the last version I played was pretty blah.  The ship design wasn't really there and the tactical combat wasn't fleshed out, at least I hope not.  The screen shots look good though so they've clearly done a lot since then.
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: tgb on August 12, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
I haven't played in months.  Perhaps I should download the latest build to see what it's like.
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 13, 2013, 02:30:10 AM
Quote from: Martok on August 12, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
On the other hand, I'm glad to see Iceberg is the publisher.

Me too.  I like those guys.  This one's definitely going on The List.  I like the promise of an AI which doesn't cheat!
Title: Re: Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013
Post by: Anguille on August 13, 2013, 03:08:13 AM
I have different games from Iceberg...i like their policy (no drm whenever they can, at least until now).