They are having the official "Kick-Off" meeting today at 5:30. Tomas is sitting at $1700.00, if anyone can swing a donation before the meeting it would be a boost for Tomas & Anna.
Thanks.
http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb13/tomas
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.lightthenight.org%2FEtoolsBaseDir%2F2013%2F5%2F17%2F11%2Fmembers%2F2431726%2FTomas%25202013website.jpg&hash=c942bb0105eb84e399e1a167d2b721471815e624)
Done!
Thanks LB, I'll let Tomas & Anna know as soon as I get home.
Done.
I'm home now...
Tomas & Anna send their thanks to LB & Martok. ;)
Windy, Tomas sends his thanks.
On a side note, he wants you to plan your vacation for next year to include finding fossils.....hint hint, nudge nudge, wink eye..... ;)
Hi Smuck
You've been in cover for a while... :(
Best regards to you, Tomas, and all the family. :)
I thought Tomas was in the clear? If that has changed :'(, my thoughts and best wishes for his recovery are with you. :)
Email, or PM me and let me know how things are with you and yours. :)
I'm in.
Gus, Tomas said thank you.
You're welcome!
Only 2 weeks, 4 days until the walk.....Tomas needs some help if you can.
http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb13/tomas
Tomas will be doing a Radio Talk Show on the 15th for his final push.
http://www.newstalk1230.net/
Tomas was down there last Friday making a 30 second commercial. Ted Schubel talked to him for about 15 minutes, asked me a few questions. From that they will make the commercial.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202284567381266&set=vb.1403506178&type=2&theater
Tomas really likes the 'video' of the radio commercial. He came up with a weird...12 people looking at it by the end of the week. I think we could get more than 12. If you could like it and post your location, that would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkFTkZXPos4
Ok, done.
BTW, Smuck- you sound a wee bit like Colin Powell...
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2013, 07:41:53 PM
Ok, done.
BTW, Smuck- you sound a wee bit like Colin Powell...
Thanks Stagger......
Here's the bet:
So...Tomas and I put a bet on the video. If there are less than 10 likes by tomorrow morning....I have to put my head in a dumpster. If there are more than 10 likes...Tomas has to serve Anna breakfast in bed next Saturday.
Ha! with this crowd I think it would have been better to have left the bet unmentioned!
Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 05, 2013, 07:30:42 PM
Tomas really likes the 'video' of the radio commercial. He came up with a weird...12 people looking at it by the end of the week. I think we could get more than 12. If you could like it and post your location, that would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkFTkZXPos4
Reposted to FB.
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2013, 07:53:35 PM
Ha! with this crowd I think it would have been better to have left the bet unmentioned!
Good point......
They did pull through though, he had 110 views this morning.....he'll be serving breakfast in bed to Anna and mom next Saturday.
Staggered Wing....
Tomas sends his thanks. ;)
:)
Six days until Tomas leads us on his 7th Walk. If you are going to donate; now is a good time.
http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb13/tomas
On Tuesday Tomas & Anna will be on a radio talk show from 08:00-09:00 EDT:
http://player.liquidcompass.net/WFVAAM
They spent 3 hours outside of a grocery store Friday after school, the attached picture is from that event. Lessons learned from that event:
"Lessons learned from the donation table at Giant: there are many people touched by blood cancer. There was a lot of talking, hugs, tears, and inspiration. There are so many stories that were shared, that need to be shared. Most of Team Tomas donation drives have been a 'drive by' people quickly donate and go on with their lives.
Today was different, people actually stopped and shared their lives when they realized that Tomas had leukemia and that he and his sister have been so active in fund raising. There is an employee at the store that was just diagnosed recently. His sister mentioned this and Tomas went in to check on the man, basically Tomas is living proof that you can survive. Once we finished all of us went in to talk to the man. A very humbling experience hanging outside of a grocery store. On a fund raising note; Tomas and Anna want to do at least 2 of these drives next year."
Tomas & Anna live on air.
Woo Hoo!
My video editing skills really needs work.
Here's the radio talk show from this morning. It is about 33 minutes long I ended up putting pictures of the various Light The Night Walks that Tomas & Anna have participated in since 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BPjeEpXqU&feature=youtu.be
Thanks Bison, I'll pass to Tomas when he gets home from school.
LB, Tomas sends his thanks. He is a little disappointed that you guys won't be there......guess I'll have to sharpen my knife.... :o
Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 17, 2013, 09:49:23 AM
LB, Tomas sends his thanks. He is a little disappointed that you guys won't be there......guess I'll have to sharpen my knife.... :o
Us, too. It's cold and rainy here today - much like or first walk. We all wish we could be there.
He just reached 70% of his goal! :)
Awesome.