GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JasonPratt on August 15, 2013, 10:13:27 AM

Title: Confirmed: CK2 campaigns can be ported to EU4 (if you pay Paradox)
Post by: JasonPratt on August 15, 2013, 10:13:27 AM
It currently costs $10 to do so, above and beyond the cost for CK2 and EU4 themselves. But no doubt the conversion pack will go on sale eventually for $2.50 or whatever.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-CK2EU4C/crusader-kings-ii-europa-universalis-iv-converter

Keep in mind that the Steam version thereof will only work on Steam versions of CK2 and EU4, and ditto for Gamersgate versions (probably for other versions as well), so if you have any interest (like I do) in trying to run a mega-campaign, don't mix your parts.
Title: Re: Confirmed: CK2 campaigns can be ported to EU4 (if you pay Paradox)
Post by: PanzersEast on August 15, 2013, 10:22:27 AM
Actually I tested this as I have the GG version of CK2, but pre-purchased in the end with GreenManGaming.... I was given the Steam version of CK2 with the converter dlc included.  I was able to install the Steam version of CK2 and still open and convert the file even though all my DLC was with GG and the Steam version of CK2 did not have any.

I initially was going to pre-purchase through GG but in the end did so with GreenManGaming because of the rebates.

PE

Title: Re: Confirmed: CK2 campaigns can be ported to EU4 (if you pay Paradox)
Post by: Nefaro on August 15, 2013, 12:01:17 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on August 15, 2013, 10:22:27 AM
Actually I tested this as I have the GG version of CK2, but pre-purchased in the end with GreenManGaming.... I was given the Steam version of CK2 with the converter dlc included.  I was able to install the Steam version of CK2 and still open and convert the file even though all my DLC was with GG and the Steam version of CK2 did not have any.

I initially was going to pre-purchase through GG but in the end did so with GreenManGaming because of the rebates.

PE

Hrmm.. 

So the two different CK2 installs must keep all it's DLC in one central location (My Docs)???  I may have to try this out.

Someone stated that the converter worked when they installed the base Steam game, then copied & pasted their DLC packs from the GG install over into the Steam version.  ???

Haven't played CK2 in awhile, though, so don't really have anything pressing to convert.