Posted a question on Slitherine's forums, but figured someone here might know the answer, or if I'm out of luck. Is there any way to slow down the map scrolling in these games? Even on my less-than-new rig, the map just flies by, whether scrolling via map edge or keyboard.
I don't think there is.
Pip from Slitherine gave me a solution that worked:
"Another possibility is that you have turned off "vertical sync" in the graphic card settings? This prevents the game from running at the frame rate of the screen, and can lead to excessively quick scrolling."
I turned off vertical sync in my 3d settings, and scrolling is perfect now. I just need to remember to turn it back on probably for other games.
Usually vertical synch is turned on or off in a game's own graphics settings. ???
But then Spart/GoT doesn't exactly have a bunch of graphic settings. 8)
Your graphic card may have a tool for recording specific settings for specific games (my NVidia does), so then it would know not to use vsynch for Spart/GoT without you having to remember to turn it back on.