GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

Title: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2013, 04:38:03 PM
F*ckin' awesome.
Title: Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 21, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
You got it running then I take it.  I didn't buy it but two friends who have are cursing UBISoft saying that they can't start it via UPlay.  They just get a pop up message thanking them for playing and get kicked back to the lobby.
Title: Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2013, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 21, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
You got it running then I take it.  I didn't buy it but two friends who have are cursing UBISoft saying that they can't start it via UPlay.  They just get a pop up message thanking them for playing and get kicked back to the lobby.

The only issues I have had is that every time I run it, it starts in windowed mode and I have to change it and I've had some trouble changing some of the key bindings.  Other than that, runs great. 
Title: Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: Rizik6 on August 21, 2013, 10:53:13 PM
Runs fine for me.
Title: Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 22, 2013, 12:59:12 PM
It seems there is an issue that some users are having that causes the game launcher to fail if they have the game set to run in full screen.  You can edit the .ini file

QuoteEdit your VideoSettings.ini located in the following location:
C:\Users\<yournamehere>\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklis t\videoSettings.ini

I just typed VideoSettings.ini into the start menu and it pulled it up that way too.

Change the "WindowStyleFinal=1" option to 0 or 2.

0 = Windowed
1 = Fullscreen (default)
2 = Windowed Fullscreen

0 and 2 both allow the game to start.

If you get a crash after the intro, delete your VideoSettings.ini, start blacklist again and let it crash out. Then edit the ini and set it to 0 or 2 again.
Title: Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Post by: PanzersEast on May 16, 2014, 02:18:16 PM
So I assume this gets the JH stamp of approval?  I see it is $9.99 on the Humble Bundle Store..... I am a fan of the series, but have waited until it dropped and not sure if I will pick it up now, but I am tempted. 


PE