I just bought the games and need advice concerning diplomatics, economy and research. any advice appreciated.
Looking for a new fetish?
? :o
Quote from: Keunert on August 25, 2013, 06:35:52 AM
yes i got tired of gaming and after my move into suburbia i am looking something to fit with my new life.
but i am open to other ideas as well
You may want to see
star about that. Of if you want the midget route then
Gus might be they guy to talk to....... ::)
...Kinky furry midgets....?
I think those are known as Ewoks.
LMAO - Well played Stagger!
you are a strange bunch of people
In cyberspace, there is no mercy.
ITS A TRAP!!!
What the hell is going on here?
That is why you always quote the person to have a record of the insanity. ;D
you hacked it, She - Manning told me.
I'll move this to the gaming forum where maybe you'll get some answers...if that's what you're looking for.
very much appreciated!
...
Quote from: Gusington on August 25, 2013, 12:48:36 PM
I'll move this to the gaming forum where maybe you'll get some answers...if that's what you're looking for.
You my friend got played :)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Feclecticcamel.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F11%2Frotj_atst_smashed.jpg&hash=27ff0aedf5c917fa09078c3d89df7c594176c06f)
Quote from: Keunert on August 25, 2013, 06:12:55 AM
I just bought the games and need advice concerning diplomatics, economy and research. any advice appreciated.
As in
Empire: Total War?
Dunno.. not played it in a long time. I recall one issue with it being the Diplomacy system ultimately not working out very well for the player since all your neighbors will eventually hate you no matter how much you butter their muffin and wax their 'stache. You'll primarily use diplomacy to create Trade partners (money!) and hopefully round up a brief alliance from a large nation or two, in case you start getting hammered with a bunch of DOWs. Just expect any alliance to eventually fall apart at some point.
Research was a little more straightforward, depending on your early game strategy. If you are gonna go roll some neighbors rather quickly, then research military stuff. You could always research some research bonuses and/or higher wealth production buildings if you want to boost your income and build up your military for awhile. I don't think turtling like this in most Total War games is a very strong way to go, most notably because there is always a strict turn limit on the game but also because outright hostile expansion is more profitable in the short term (until you run out of easy targets).
^Or do you mean Empires at War.
Empire Total War!
What country are you playing?
i am still in the tutorial. but then i think i will go for my own country, that is called Habsburg
I like E:TW. I am going to restart a campaign with Holland once Rome 2 gives me some time to look at other things again. ;)
A lot of people hate it, but I enjoy it as well..
Hey Keunert. Austria's a tough choice as she starts with lots of potential enemies close( Prussia, Poland, and Ottomans) and allies far( England and Holland). Look to the enemy of my enemy for support, Russia and Sweden. Catholic powers in Germany and Italy should be friendly enough to trade and ally with. First thing I always do is check the Govt. tab/ Ministers and click and drag any ministers not performing well with replacements. Tech. I like the Bayonets upgrade so my infantry can melee well and Canister to be able to recruit 12lb. arty and use canister shot in battle. Don't worry about a navy or over-seas colonies early on instead develop your home industry especially mining as Vienna has Gold Mines. You'll have to watch rival religions( Muslim, Orthodox, and Protestant) don't convert your population against you-- build Monasteries and use Priests. I'm rooting for you. :)