haven't got eu4 yet and since I purchased eu3 complete during the summer sale I figured I would fire it up. I noticed in the eu4 threads that people mentioned the trouble with blobbing in eu3. do any of the mods address this? I looked for a "whats a great mod?" thread on the paradox forums but didn't see any. anyone have suggestions? thanks.
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 01, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
haven't got eu4 yet and since I purchased eu3 complete during the summer sale I figured I would fire it up. I noticed in the eu4 threads that people mentioned the trouble with blobbing in eu3. do any of the mods address this? I looked for a "whats a great mod?" thread on the paradox forums but didn't see any. anyone have suggestions? thanks.
I think it's a regular problem with any of them, but one of my favorite mods was
MEIOU. It makes the map much larger, but the biggest reason I enjoyed it was because they made 'Great Persons' more interesting, with more varied modifiers so that half of vanilla ones that sucked and nobody used actually became useful. There is also extra province modifiers for minorities in certain areas and other little fluff like that to flesh it out more. It also doesn't hurt that the interface and flags look far better than the stock ones, and the new sounds files in the mod are great too.
Another good one is the
Death & Taxes mod which adjusts a lot of the values, thus giving some slightly different gameplay. I heard it's quite nice, though never played it. The two guys who created these mods are supposedly creating a retail game for Paradox; at least I think someone here mentioned it not long ago.
Unfortunately, the latest versions of those mods only work with all the DLC so you may not get the full experience, if at all. I always thought of EU3 being an interesting game worth some fun for short spurts, but quite flawed in some areas and needlessly annoying in others. Fortunately EU4 has improved in almost all of the game mechanics I thought lacking. There can still be some blobbing, but it's nowhere near as bad as EU3 was (to name only one example).
Quote from: Nefaro on September 01, 2013, 10:45:42 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 01, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
haven't got eu4 yet and since I purchased eu3 complete during the summer sale I figured I would fire it up. I noticed in the eu4 threads that people mentioned the trouble with blobbing in eu3. do any of the mods address this? I looked for a "whats a great mod?" thread on the paradox forums but didn't see any. anyone have suggestions? thanks.
I think it's a regular problem with any of them, but one of my favorite mods was MEIOU. It makes the map much larger, but the biggest reason I enjoyed it was because they made 'Great Persons' more interesting, with more varied modifiers so that half of vanilla ones that sucked and nobody used actually became useful. There is also extra province modifiers for minorities in certain areas and other little fluff like that to flesh it out more. It also doesn't hurt that the interface and flags look far better than the stock ones, and the new sounds files in the mod are great too.
Another good one is the Death & Taxes mod which adjusts a lot of the values, thus giving some slightly different gameplay. I heard it's quite nice, though never played it. The two guys who created these mods are supposedly creating a retail game for Paradox; at least I think someone here mentioned it not long ago.
Unfortunately, the latest versions of those mods only work with all the DLCso you may not get the full experience, if at all. I always thought of EU3 being an interesting game worth some fun for short spurts, but quite flawed in some areas and needlessly annoying in others. Fortunately EU4 has improved in almost all of the game mechanics I thought lacking. There can still be some blobbing, but it's nowhere near as bad as EU3 was (to name only one example).
meaning sprite packs? would hate for a mod not to work because of some graphics. thanks for the suggestions, will check those out.
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 01, 2013, 11:53:28 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 01, 2013, 10:45:42 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 01, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
haven't got eu4 yet and since I purchased eu3 complete during the summer sale I figured I would fire it up. I noticed in the eu4 threads that people mentioned the trouble with blobbing in eu3. do any of the mods address this? I looked for a "whats a great mod?" thread on the paradox forums but didn't see any. anyone have suggestions? thanks.
I think it's a regular problem with any of them, but one of my favorite mods was MEIOU. It makes the map much larger, but the biggest reason I enjoyed it was because they made 'Great Persons' more interesting, with more varied modifiers so that half of vanilla ones that sucked and nobody used actually became useful. There is also extra province modifiers for minorities in certain areas and other little fluff like that to flesh it out more. It also doesn't hurt that the interface and flags look far better than the stock ones, and the new sounds files in the mod are great too.
Another good one is the Death & Taxes mod which adjusts a lot of the values, thus giving some slightly different gameplay. I heard it's quite nice, though never played it. The two guys who created these mods are supposedly creating a retail game for Paradox; at least I think someone here mentioned it not long ago.
Unfortunately, the latest versions of those mods only work with all the DLCso you may not get the full experience, if at all. I always thought of EU3 being an interesting game worth some fun for short spurts, but quite flawed in some areas and needlessly annoying in others. Fortunately EU4 has improved in almost all of the game mechanics I thought lacking. There can still be some blobbing, but it's nowhere near as bad as EU3 was (to name only one example).
meaning sprite packs? would hate for a mod not to work because of some graphics. thanks for the suggestions, will check those out.
No.
If you have
EU3 Complete, then you do not have all the expansions. They released two(?) more after that "Complete" pack was out. The version of EU3 that has everthing, including
all the expansions, is named
EU3 Chronicles. A second and final compilation.
ah ok well I got everything with the summer sale so I have all 4 dlc, just didn't bother with the sprite or music packs. they got me for all that stuff with ck2!!
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 02, 2013, 10:45:59 AM
ah ok well I got everything with the summer sale so I have all 4 dlc, just didn't bother with the sprite or music packs. they got me for all that stuff with ck2!!
So you do have
In Nomine and
Divine Wind expansions?
it appears I was mistaken. I received eu3 chronicles back in January. was that a paradox giveaway? anyway it is just listed as eu3 complete in steam with 2 downloadable content. cant even remember what I bought and when :-[
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 02, 2013, 01:07:57 PM
it appears I was mistaken. I received eu3 chronicles back in January. was that a paradox giveaway? anyway it is just listed as eu3 complete in steam with 2 downloadable content. cant even remember what I bought and when :-[
Paradox had also sent out some free EU3 Chronicles keys in their newsletter last year, and those of us who already owned it gave them out here. Between that and some regularl Pdox sales, you must've picked it up dirt cheap or free. ;)
Quote from: Nefaro on September 01, 2013, 10:45:42 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 01, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
haven't got eu4 yet and since I purchased eu3 complete during the summer sale I figured I would fire it up. I noticed in the eu4 threads that people mentioned the trouble with blobbing in eu3. do any of the mods address this? I looked for a "whats a great mod?" thread on the paradox forums but didn't see any. anyone have suggestions? thanks.
I think it's a regular problem with any of them, but one of my favorite mods was MEIOU. It makes the map much larger, but the biggest reason I enjoyed it was because they made 'Great Persons' more interesting, with more varied modifiers so that half of vanilla ones that sucked and nobody used actually became useful. There is also extra province modifiers for minorities in certain areas and other little fluff like that to flesh it out more. It also doesn't hurt that the interface and flags look far better than the stock ones, and the new sounds files in the mod are great too.
Another good one is the Death & Taxes mod which adjusts a lot of the values, thus giving some slightly different gameplay. I heard it's quite nice, though never played it. The two guys who created these mods are supposedly creating a retail game for Paradox; at least I think someone here mentioned it not long ago.
Unfortunately, the latest versions of those mods only work with all the DLC so you may not get the full experience, if at all. I always thought of EU3 being an interesting game worth some fun for short spurts, but quite flawed in some areas and needlessly annoying in others. Fortunately EU4 has improved in almost all of the game mechanics I thought lacking. There can still be some blobbing, but it's nowhere near as bad as EU3 was (to name only one example).
MEIOU+1
BTW here is the link...
http://meiou.prophpbb.com/forum5.html
I'm playing as Scotland using the MEIOU mod with all DLC and there's been no crashes with the mod. I too highly recommend it.
yeah checking it out. just need to figure out what and where to download. looks like some hotfixes need to be applied in a certain order etc...