Hi
Any recommendations for Gal CIV2, see it got very high score on Metacritic.
Includes the following:
Get the complete Galactic Civilizations II saga including the acclaimed PC strategy game of the year Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords, the award winning expansion pack Dark Avatar, and the newest expansion pack Twilight of the Arnor!
I see Steam has it for $4.99....for that price it's a bargain. It's an older game but still looks and plays well....I enjoyed it for quite a long while. It has all the elements of this genre....exploration, ship building, colonization, empire management, tech research, etc. It's far from perfect but still...it's fun.
+1
It's a fun game and the AI is quite strong! For that price I would definately get it.
Be advised, though, that it doesn't have multiplayer. So if you want that you may want to skip the game.
The combat system is extremely "meh", and it includes a level of self-referential, breaking-the-fourth-wall meta-humor that some (understandably) feel interferes with the game's atmosphere. Also, it lacks multiplayer, which for some is obviously a turn-off.
I still recommend it, though, especially if it's on sale. With the robust ship design, strong AI, and good number of customization options, GalCiv2 has a lot of replayability (even more so with both expansions).
EDIT: Gah! Ninja'ed by Yskonyn. :P
It's a fantastic game and still holds up against modern examples of the genre. In fact, until Endless Space came along it was probably unmatched. Buy it.
Thanks all. guess it is a buy then.