GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MuzzyDev on September 04, 2013, 11:43:44 AM

Title: XCOM: Enemy Within gameplay footage from PAX
Post by: MuzzyDev on September 04, 2013, 11:43:44 AM
I was at this panel and it was really fun to watch the devs play, sometimes deliberately taking reckless moves that resulted in desperate shouts of "NOOOO!!" from the crowd.  Things ended badly for a couple of the troops, LOL!

Looks like a really cool expansion.  I especially like the new alien that looks like a cross between a face-hugger from Alien and the squids from The Matrix.  They wrap around a soldier's neck and strangle him.  Oh, and they can cloak--and they like soldiers off by themselves.  So much for keeping your awesome sniper safely in the background...

And of course, being able to turn your soldiers into giant robots is pretty darn cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buW1FtMOTwI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4BE87EC43B1622F0
Title: Re: XCOM: Enemy Within gameplay footage from PAX
Post by: Rayfer on September 04, 2013, 12:35:20 PM
Couldn't watch it....wants an age verification requiring me to sign into an account, which I don't have.  Wanted to watch it because I like the game.
Title: Re: XCOM: Enemy Within gameplay footage from PAX
Post by: panzerde on September 04, 2013, 07:33:09 PM
Very nice!  Time to fire this back up and get ready for the expansion, me thinks.