GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on September 05, 2013, 01:59:34 AM

Title: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 05, 2013, 01:59:34 AM
I have to say - it wasn't something I was looking out for. I heard they were doing the Mi-8 and was not overly excited about it at all...but I was the same with the Huey and I bought that.

It seems to have a nice quirky cockpit...but if I buy, it'll be "to have" - not to fly because I've hardly touched the Huey and only rarely touch DCS (which I love).

I don't know - maybe (likely will do).
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Yskonyn on September 05, 2013, 02:34:32 AM
No buy here.
I will start to buy again when:
A) they release F/A-18
B) they release new theaters.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 07, 2013, 02:44:16 PM
I have an illness - only just gone and bought it!
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Gusington on September 07, 2013, 02:52:00 PM
I love Hind helicopters...
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Staggerwing on September 07, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
The Mi-8 is sort of like the Hind's pappy. Or mammy. Or sumpin'...
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Gusington on September 07, 2013, 03:35:21 PM
So ugly it's pretty.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2Fa%2Fa8%2FMi-8T_12411_V_i_PVO_VS%252C_august_04%252C_2008.JPG%2F800px-Mi-8T_12411_V_i_PVO_VS%252C_august_04%252C_2008.JPG&hash=14227eede97c233ad575ffce9dfbd14b128cacc3)
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Toonces on September 07, 2013, 04:31:30 PM
I'm really interested in this, but will probably wait for a sale.  I have BS2 and Huey and they're not even installed yet.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 07, 2013, 05:19:22 PM
I think it's safe to say I'm nowhere near proficient in A-10C, BS2, Huey, Su-25, P-51 or FC3 and yet I still bought this. I'm sick I tell ya!  :D
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 08, 2013, 09:20:23 AM
It's actually a rather fun chopper. Big bugger and there's a huge issue with taking off ad landing.

So much turbulence taking off and landing...I haven't managed a landing yet (well - I have because I have indestructible on! but not a proper landing) and take off is a huge input of power to get lift to get away from the ground and all the turbulence!
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 19, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
Bloody hell! This thing is up for sale at $19.99!!!

I only bought it 2 bloody weeks ago! Damn I've got to learn restraint!
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: DoctorQuest on September 19, 2013, 09:45:43 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on September 05, 2013, 02:34:32 AM
No buy here.
I will start to buy again when:
A) they release F/A-18
B) they release new theaters.

..and they get rid of the DRM.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Toonces on September 19, 2013, 12:50:44 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 19, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
Bloody hell! This thing is up for sale at $19.99!!!

I only bought it 2 bloody weeks ago! Damn I've got to learn restraint!

Normally I wouldn't complain about a price cut, but that is just insulting to folks that purchased full price mere weeks ago.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 19, 2013, 02:31:40 PM
Absolutely. ..charge what you want when you want. ..but 2 weeks? How can that be a business model with a future.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: magnus on September 19, 2013, 04:31:59 PM
 That is why I am not happy to see ROF on Steam.

I figure in a month you could buy everything in ROF for $ 29.99.

I bought the last DCS stuff I didn't own a few weeks ago with the Steam sale. It is pretty annoying to pay full price and a week later it is on sale again.
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 21, 2013, 05:21:47 PM
Seen this at SimHQ - seemingly posted by a DCS employee (Waggs)?

Quote
"Dear all,

Apologies for taking a bit to respond on this subject, but we first wanted come up with a means of compensation for those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 at full price. We recognize that the sale of this product was too soon after the initial sale and we want to make this right. As such, all those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 prior to the Autumn sale will be receiving a 70% coupon for any current or future DCS product.

Thanks
Waggs"

Official post is here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1879187#post1879187
Title: Re: DCS Mi-8 up for pre-order
Post by: Toonces on September 21, 2013, 05:33:45 PM
Very fair and appropriate.  Good for them for doing the right thing.