FYI War in the West has entered the beta stage. Matrix is recruiting testers.
Here's (http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1180/Gary.Grigsby.turns.to.the.West.Front) the skinny from Matrix.
Weren't they gonna be redoing WitE?
That's after WitW.
This has been in development for quite a while.
I thought War in the Med (WitM) was next after War in the West (WitW), no? I'll likely skip WitW, it doesn't include North Africa or contain a naval model (which I want, and is expected in WitM).
Quote from: SgtRock on September 06, 2013, 11:47:29 AM
I thought War in the Med (WitM) was next after War in the West (WitW), no? I'll likely skip WitW, it doesn't include North Africa or contain a naval model (which I want, and is expected in WitM).
Or might as well wait for War in Europe. All "War in" titles combined.
Or wait for Ron Dockal's latest game to be finished.
Looks good. I'm now wondering whether to wait and buy Ron Dockal's WW2 extravaganza when it comes out, or this monster. I hope Ron has improved the interface from AGW, to full mouse support. It's a poser. Do you think when this is done Mr Grigsby will then combine War in the East with War in the West for a full blown ETO game?
From the Matrix forums:
The Future: War in the ... and beyond
• War in the East 2.0 - a remake of War in the East using the War in the West engine and new map system (another building block foe the mega game).
• War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)
• War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)
• War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived!
• World at War: A World Divided – iPad
• Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.
War in the East 2.0 - hope this comes with a big discount!
War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med) - sounds good
War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean) - looking forward for the naval model (WitW meets WitP - yes)!
War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived! As a fan of WitP, WitP/AE even I'm not sure it will be playable in 1944-1945, if it includes Russia WitE.
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - by 2022-2024, will PC's still be around by then?
Maybe it will be available for the Holodeck OS by then.
Quote from: SgtRock on September 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - by 2022-2024, will PC's still be around by then?
Tablets. The horror!
Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2013, 08:15:30 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on September 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - by 2022-2024, will PC's still be around by then?
Tablets. The horror!
Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided is being ported to the I-pad but, if Grigsby start's making games for tables, it will surely signal the end of PC's.