GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM

Title: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM
Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnszHPL2mTE

Horison is completely turn-based , its in alpha but looks like its well advanced here is somemore Youtube action look at user "malkuth1974"

horizon is a indie game on steam
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 09, 2013, 06:37:29 AM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.0 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.0)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6675.msg162757#msg162757 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6675.msg162757#msg162757)
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: Steelgrave on September 09, 2013, 02:47:05 PM
Man, indie or not, those graphics look about 25 years old  :P
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: mikeck on September 09, 2013, 02:54:20 PM
Yeah, the planet graphics and uI graphics are decent. The battles...not so much
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: Steelgrave on September 09, 2013, 02:55:56 PM
Quote from: mikeck on September 09, 2013, 02:54:20 PM
Yeah, the planet graphics and uI graphics are decent. The battles...not so much

I think the alien races are pretty meh.....I can remember when graphics didn't matter to me, but now they do.
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: tgb on September 10, 2013, 07:29:50 AM
Anyone actually play this?  I've been hovering over the "purchase" button the last couple of days.
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: Martok on September 10, 2013, 11:42:52 AM
Bearing in mind it's been some time since I played Horizon, I would probably wait a bit yet, tgb.  It includes some promising gameplay mechanics, but it's still in an alpha state (if I'm not mistaken), and is there fore pretty raw at the moment. 

Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: bbmike on September 10, 2013, 05:28:00 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM
Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it...
You know gameleaper, I've wondered how your game WarTactical would work as a sort of Star Fleet Battles like game.  ;)
Title: Re: 'Horison' A 4x with Turn-Based Tactical combat
Post by: gameleaper on September 10, 2013, 06:07:35 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 10, 2013, 05:28:00 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 05:27:11 AM
Hi I have the boardgame Star Fleet Battles, and this tactical combat feel a lot like it...
You know gameleaper, I've wondered how your game WarTactical would work as a sort of Star Fleet Battles like game.  ;)

:) its so good it can swim too :)