Does anybody have this, and if so, what are your thoughts?
I'm am moderately into racing games; I really enjoy F1:2012. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but I think I might like it since it seems like they race in close quarters and tend to race oval tracks mostly?
Hurry, the sale ends soon! :-\
Sorry if I'm too late - but I almost picked this up on release - but the SimHQ opinion was that it was lacking. Pretty arcade racing sim and nowhere near (I mean different planet) to Nascar Sim Racing 2003 which admittedly is a slightly higher benchmark than most people would care about
But the general consensus was that it was "ok"...that wasn't enough for me to buy...not even on the sale when I saw it. Given the luke warm mentions it got (I'm talking players not review sites) for me to give it a try, it'd have to be about £5 - not £15
Ok, that pretty much mirrors what I've been reading. I guess I'll hold off until maybe a Christmas sale or something.
I played NASCAR years ago on DOS, so I don't know how real it plays now, but I had terrific fun because you could see all the cars while you race and how far behind you are, also the race replay was great, plus the fact that its acceptable in NASCAR to collide with other cars its realy good fun.
Quote from: Toonces on September 11, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
Does anybody have this, and if so, what are your thoughts?
I'm am moderately into racing games; I really enjoy F1:2012. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but I think I might like it since it seems like they race in close quarters and tend to race oval tracks mostly?
Hurry, the sale ends soon! :-\
I think a new F1 game is coming down the pike (2013), so it is likely more your speed (pun intended).
Of course, Nascar 2013 is on sale today for 50% off (19.99):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225220/