This was released for early access on steam today. The premise is interesting, but the screenshots and videos leave me unimpressed. Anyone give it a shot yet?
What is it about?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm
Oh, cool. Thanks for the link. It's funny that in the game you're stationed on the Independence. I was stationed on the USS Independence in the late 80's.
Im positive Ive seen those ship designs here: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/
I just cant find them now. :(
preview vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSHLl804YQ
Is it just an arcade space shooter? That's what it looks like.
I take that back. It looks like Zigfrak but without the Open RPG features. Also sounds like it's console focused.
It's indeed a space shooter and quite arcadey.
It seems to try and evoke a bit of a Wing Commander feeling (the briefing room at the start of the first mission), though it quickly passes.
Supposedly, once the game is finished, the player will be able to walk around the Independence in first-person and interact with NPCs in various areas of the ship, ie. the bridge, hangar bays, barracks, etc. I think this feature is supposed to be the game's big draw.