GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Martok on September 20, 2013, 05:56:40 AM

Title: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Martok on September 20, 2013, 05:56:40 AM
I'm definitely suffering from D&D withdrawal, so I believe some Neverwinter Nights is in order. 

Of course there will be more Rome II and Birth of the Federation.  I'm also feeling a bit...colonial, so Imperialism II may be on the menu as well. 

Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: undercovergeek on September 20, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
I have a night of fatherly duties and then im donning my Carthagean War Helmet (after finishing the prologue) in Rome II

Invading Romania as part of the expanding WW2 Roman Empire in HOI III, and balancing the Allies beligerence towards me whilst knowing i need 2 more countries to fully recreate Rome in all its glory - except France and England but im hoping a German guy might give me a hand with those - i hope so because hes got sod all else to take to the south and south East

I could be talked in GTA V but i fear thatll will be all i do for six days and ill be found stuck to the carpet with a controller melded to my hands
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2013, 06:33:15 AM
FSX and Air Hauler - I didn't do a flight last week, so I need to get a couple under my belt this week to pay the bills and build up rep
Black Shark - I am determined to get in this thing and shoot some stuff!
ArmAII - play around with a couple of the showcases and hope for a single player campaign sooner rather than later
ACW2 - started the tutorial last night but got soooooooo bored!
Challenger II - continue making my Challenger II which is coming along...starting to look like an MBT

Who knows...I have quite a few FPS games I haven't played at all/much of...Max Payne, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution

so many games and just two days! On the plus side, I've given up the demon booze so I get my Friday and Saturday nights back!
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: tgb on September 20, 2013, 06:59:52 AM
Fighting the Civil War with and without robots:

Ironclad Tactics
Civil War 2
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Gusington on September 20, 2013, 07:20:08 AM
Rome II and Witcher II
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Tuna on September 20, 2013, 07:35:25 AM
Rome II.. continue to learn as I go along, with a lil help from my 14 year old (that's why I'm not no Steam, using his ID ;-) )

DCS Warthog.. Spent a lot of time on this last week, learning everything I forgot.. Still have a lot of new stuff to learn as well!

FSX .. probably a few flights in my L-1101 and B-17

CMBN .. PBEM game with Con
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Bison on September 20, 2013, 07:41:51 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2013, 07:20:08 AM
Witcher II

What?
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Bison on September 20, 2013, 07:43:58 AM
Panzer
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2013, 07:47:15 AM
I know I'e had a stab - but I want another!

I'm going to make an attempt to get one of my board games out. I'm tempted with Phantom leader because I know the rules pretty well...but I think I should get back on the Band of Heroes wagon which I fell off....that could go two ways though - it could be I've forgotten everything I learned when I went through the rules, or it could be that they have had time to settle. Getting the game out will tell...
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Barthheart on September 20, 2013, 08:00:44 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2013, 07:47:15 AM
I know I'e had a stab - but I want another!

I'm going to make an attempt to get one of my board games out. I'm tempted with Phantom leader because I know the rules pretty well...but I think I should get back on the Band of Heroes wagon which I fell off....that could go two ways though - it could be I've forgotten everything I learned when I went through the rules, or it could be that they have had time to settle. Getting the game out will tell...

DO IT! It's fun and everyone else is doing it!  ;)

I will:
Try to get back to my LnL Dar....
Play some more America Conquered....
Try to get some writing done for Brant...
Work some more on my VASSAL projects....
More testing on HoS....
Sit and drink enough beer to cover for JD's wagon riding....
...
Unless my wife has other ideas.... falls coming after all....  :P
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2013, 08:12:55 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 20, 2013, 08:00:44 AM
...Sit and drink enough beer to cover for JD's wagon riding....
You just can't get that kind of support elsewhere!!
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: MengJiao on September 20, 2013, 08:18:04 AM
Quote from: Tuna on September 20, 2013, 07:35:25 AM
Rome II

Yep, RomeII.  I think I should play Rome before I start into the mods, up-coming DLC about Steppe Barbarians and what not.

  Plus -- Normal Carthage is too hard for me.

AND...I'll be online in ARMAIII as Meng at least occasionally.  I'll even look oriental and have a high-pitched voice!

AND...boardgaming some kind of Close Action/Flying Colors ideosyncratic solitaire.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on September 20, 2013, 08:33:10 AM
Going to take a trip down memory lane with the full 1940-43 Western Desert campaign scenario in The Operational Art of War 3(TOAW3).

Then it's on to the new kid on the block, Civil War 2. I took it out for a quick spin last night, and I'm liking this map much better than the one in AACW.

Finally, once I start drinking for the evening, it'll be time for World of Tanks.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Rayfer on September 20, 2013, 08:38:54 AM
Civil War 2...finished the tutorials (which were much better than in the first), now ready to play for real.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Kushan on September 20, 2013, 08:41:07 AM
No gaming for me this weekend. I'm dedicating all my non-working, non-football time to do some modding. Started working on a ArmA 3 tank scenario last night. Didn't notice until last night, but along with no planes there are no landing craft in ArmA 3. The only sea units are some speed boats and the SDV. Its forcing me to rework my initial scenario design a little bit. Next up is working on my Skyrim mod and my first Command scenario.

I really need to finish my Skyrim mod. I was hoping to do another play through of Skyrim before the Wasteland 2 beta launched next month, but between work and my upcoming trip to Canada (not to mention the other 10 games that seem to be calling me) I don't think I'm going to make it.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: LongBlade on September 20, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
Rome II.

Northern Europe is mine. Now I'm moving south. I plan on teaching those arrogant Romans a few lessons in another hundred years. {cue Flight of the Valkyries} (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fvalkyrie.gif&hash=c8fbd8875efb290fba439d6c91dcf8d4b3f7f326)

Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Anguille on September 20, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
We've got visits, so i'll barely be able to pbem Armada 2526 and some Populus Romanus on my Tablet.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: mikeck on September 20, 2013, 10:32:06 AM
Rome 2
Civil war 2
AJE ...playing Pompey against Ceasar.

Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: PanzersEast on September 20, 2013, 10:33:11 AM
Trying to keep from just staring at my screen...... Going to purchase ARMA III.


Dominions III - Started learning
X3 AP -  Humble merchant start... slow building money
EU IV - New Austria Campaign
Skyrim - Need to finish this


And maybe a quick death playing Project Zomboid as usually.  Started a AJE campaign and it crashed and I lost everything.....


PE
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Wolfe1759 on September 20, 2013, 12:21:36 PM
A Sid Meier's weekend for me - Pirates!, Ace Patrol and CiV BNW.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
ootp 14 while watching my reds play the pirates. also will fire up king Arthur. bound and determined to actually finish the starter campaign in that before trying out druids or saxons!
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 06:43:23 PM
 8)
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
ootp 14 while watching my reds play the pirates. also will fire up king Arthur. bound and determined to actually finish the starter campaign in that before trying out druids or saxons!

Boo....boo....go pirates!  We need this series.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:55:26 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 06:43:23 PM
8)
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
ootp 14 while watching my reds play the pirates. also will fire up king Arthur. bound and determined to actually finish the starter campaign in that before trying out druids or saxons!

Boo....boo....go pirates!  We need this series.

hehe. while I think the cards will hold on for the division I would like for the reds to host that one game playoff. should be a good six games between these two to finish out the season.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Arctic Blast on September 20, 2013, 06:57:10 PM
Prepping for a board game day tomorrow. Then...board game day tomorrow.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 07:10:53 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:55:26 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 06:43:23 PM
8)
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
ootp 14 while watching my reds play the pirates. also will fire up king Arthur. bound and determined to actually finish the starter campaign in that before trying out druids or saxons!

Boo....boo....go pirates!  We need this series.

hehe. while I think the cards will hold on for the division I would like for the reds to host that one game playoff. should be a good six games between these two to finish out the season.

agreed.....should be exciting.....it has been very long for a Pirate fan to have something to look forward to this late in the season so don't take this away from us:)  I personally hate the one game wild card playoff after a team puts all that work in the season, but oh well, that is the system we have to live with.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 07:59:55 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 07:10:53 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:55:26 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 06:43:23 PM
8)
Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
ootp 14 while watching my reds play the pirates. also will fire up king Arthur. bound and determined to actually finish the starter campaign in that before trying out druids or saxons!

Boo....boo....go pirates!  We need this series.

hehe. while I think the cards will hold on for the division I would like for the reds to host that one game playoff. should be a good six games between these two to finish out the season.

agreed.....should be exciting.....it has been very long for a Pirate fan to have something to look forward to this late in the season so don't take this away from us:)  I personally hate the one game wild card playoff after a team puts all that work in the season, but oh well, that is the system we have to live with.

yeah not a fan of the one game playoff. just make it the top 4 teams and start the dang playoffs!
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: MetalDog on September 21, 2013, 02:17:54 PM
In a  move I'm sure all of you (read: none) have been clamoring for, I will now make my entry in to this thread.  To absolutely noone's surprise, I will playing Civ IV BTS MP and solo.  My last Warlock foray was a bit of a bummer and I haven't gone back to fix the mess I made yet.
Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: Martok on September 22, 2013, 10:09:54 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 21, 2013, 02:17:54 PM
My last Warlock foray was a bit of a bummer and I haven't gone back to fix the mess I made yet.
Given you're the resident Warlock master here, that's a fairly incredible claim.  Were you trying to lose on purpose, only for it to turn into a "Springtime for Hitler" situation?  :P 

Title: Re: It's the last Friday gaming thread of the summer!
Post by: W8taminute on September 22, 2013, 04:18:52 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 20, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
...I could be talked in GTA V but i fear thatll will be all i do for six days and ill be found stuck to the carpet with a controller melded to my hands


geek if you don't mind I'm using this as my siggie.  Great stuff!


Picked up GTA V just before the weekend began but have only been able to play about 2 hours.  There is no way I can play this game in front of the kids so I have to wait until they go to bed.