GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on October 01, 2013, 12:48:59 PM

Title: Kinetic Void
Post by: Rayfer on October 01, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
Anybody know anything about this one, it's on sale on Steam for $6.80, an early access game. The trailer and description look enticing....an open ended sandbox space simulator with ship building, factions, economy, combat....Sounds good but is it?
Title: Re: Kinetic Void
Post by: Nefaro on October 01, 2013, 01:03:08 PM
Pretty sure the general consensus was that it's quite bare-boned and doesn't have a lot of features.  At least right now.

I don't have it, however.
Title: Re: Kinetic Void
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2013, 06:15:01 AM
I have it. Really just tinkered a bit with the ship building aspect. It has potential but is still very alpha. I put it down until there is further development.  There was a recent patch, but progress seems otherwise pretty slow.
Title: Re: Kinetic Void
Post by: Rayfer on October 02, 2013, 10:17:33 AM
Thanks guys....one to put on the watch list for later consideration.
Title: Re: Kinetic Void
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 07, 2015, 02:49:36 PM
I see some of you have this game.  Have any of you tried it recently?  It's currently on offer for silly money on Groupees but I broke a lifetime tradition and actually read some reviews first, which has given me pause.  However the devs do seem to be pretty active and aren't afraid to engage with the community on both positive and negative points so it hardly looks like a cash grab.  I'm very tempted because it looks really good.