GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on October 07, 2013, 03:26:00 PM

Title: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: PanzersEast on October 07, 2013, 03:26:00 PM
Salvation Prophecy is now on STEAM and I have been on the edge of purchase, however I may pick it up now.  Anyone else played this one?  I know JA did a review of it and liked it.


PE
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 07, 2013, 03:49:19 PM
It's about time, it was greenlit ages ago!  I've only played the demo but really enjoyed it.  If I didn't have a shameful backlog I'd have picked it up already.
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2013, 03:55:27 PM
Meh.
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Martok on October 08, 2013, 08:20:58 AM
It looked interesting until I saw the mention of "missions".  No open/freeform campaign is a no-go for me. 

Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Tpek on October 08, 2013, 08:28:42 AM
Ye olde thread :
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1967.msg40117#msg40117
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: JasonPratt on October 08, 2013, 08:56:37 AM
Quote from: Martok on October 08, 2013, 08:20:58 AM
It looked interesting until I saw the mention of "missions".  No open/freeform campaign is a no-go for me.

From the game description reported in the prior thread: "Gain ranks by completing missions. Rise up to lead your faction's military strategy. Construct planet colonies, space stations, and military units. Order new missions to attack the enemy."

That sounds like it could be sandbox type missions.  ???
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Yskonyn on October 08, 2013, 09:40:04 AM
Is this Russian made?
It looks a lot like many other Eastblock Space games. If so, is the translation good? I have been pretty dissapointed with all those 'see we have the big awesome box of everything'-type of space operas from the East so far...
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM
It's definitely a Western game.  Martok, I'm pretty sure the campaign is freeform; as Jason says, you get to decide where to order missions.

Why don't you all try the demo?
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Martok on October 08, 2013, 03:31:49 PM
Hmm, didn't see anything about a demo.  Link? 

Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 08, 2013, 03:40:47 PM
On my phone right now but there's a demo on Desura.  Presumably they'll do one on Steam too.
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: republic on October 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 08, 2013, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?

Now Starshatter was excellent game.  Unfortunately, it never truly reached its full potential.  Good luck finding it now...I do not think it is available commercially anymore.
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Tpek on October 09, 2013, 12:09:48 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 08, 2013, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?

Now Starshatter was excellent game.  Unfortunately, it never truly reached its full potential.  Good luck finding it now...I do not think it is available commercially anymore.

Commercially no.
Cause it's freeware bub :P

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80935.0
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Tpek on October 10, 2013, 12:30:08 PM
Btw, if I remember correctly, this info was originally posted by Anguille over at the Matrix forum (don't want to steal his credit for bringing this  up :) )
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 10, 2013, 12:36:10 PM
Starshatter was ruined for me by a completely game-breaking bug.  I asked repeatedly for help on the Matrix forum (where the developer was actively posting at the time) and was completely ignored.  This is part of the reason I don't like Matrix.
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Tpek on October 10, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 10, 2013, 12:36:10 PM
Starshatter was ruined for me by a completely game-breaking bug.  I asked repeatedly for help on the Matrix forum (where the developer was actively posting at the time) and was completely ignored.  This is part of the reason I don't like Matrix.

I believe it's now open source and fan-made patches are available for it.

EDIT: Anyone knows where Anguille is these days anyway?
Title: Re: Salvation Prophecy to STEAM
Post by: Martok on October 10, 2013, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Tpek on October 10, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
EDIT: Anyone knows where Anguille is these days anyway?
He's still around (he posted in this last week's Friday gaming thread).  His job requires him to travel a fair bit, though, so he sometimes goes off the grid for a couple days/weeks at a time.