GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: ChrisK on October 10, 2013, 12:24:12 PM

Title: Job Posting
Post by: ChrisK on October 10, 2013, 12:24:12 PM
I don't see a specific place to post job openings. I'd like to post the following openings (and if this is inappropriate, I would ask a mod to move or delete the thread). Both are full-time positions in Austin, Texas, US of A. 8)


To be quite honest, we're not looking for gamers who are passionate amateurs about military games and history (although that's great too, since it describes most of our team, and it's also how I entered the game industry 15 years ago on a forum like this!). We're looking for experienced professionals who have done this kind of thing, or something similar enough that they would require little explanation, training, or follow-up editing.

EDIT: I should probably mention, please contact me directly at chris@wargaming.net
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
How's your 401(k)?
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
How's your 401(k)?

LOL

How's your Russian, JH?
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: CptHowdy on October 10, 2013, 01:13:48 PM
"to help game designers create realistic military vehicle designs"

I take it none of these guys worked on WoT?  ;)

hehe a little jab at some of the never made it off the drawing board or fantasy tanks that are currently in the game.

good luck in your search though.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
How's your 401(k)?

LOL

How's your Russian, JH?

I'd say its, "удовлетворительного до хорошего"
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

But how is your Russian?  and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?

That is a bit strange.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: vyshka on October 10, 2013, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

But how is your Russian?  and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?

Translating it as signed integer instead of unsigned? My Russian is rusty at this point. I went through DLI in '91, and haven't done much with it the past 10 years. The grammar is pretty much hard-wired in my head, but the vocab has atrophied. They should have posted in '98 which would have been right after spending a year in Moscow.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?

That is a bit strange.

Mystery solved.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2013, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?

That is a bit strange.

Mystery solved.

I was waiting for y'all to solve it.  I figured it out in about 4 seconds... ;)
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 04:16:56 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2013, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 10, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
I'm a former Marine that had Intelligence Specialist as an MOS AND I already live in the Austin area.  Should I apply?

and how the heck do you have NEGATIVE 4,234 posts?

That is a bit strange.

Mystery solved.

I was waiting for y'all to solve it.  I figured it out in about 4 seconds... ;)

LOL.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: ChrisK on October 10, 2013, 11:00:29 PM
Jarhead0331: 401k is 50% matching to 10% of your pay (excellent!)

CptHowdy: the historical tanks are historical - the prototypes are, well, remember Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe? Some are napkin ideas, some wooden mockups, some even made it to prototype stage. Personally, I prefer to play the historical models. 8)

Guys, Russian is a "nice to have" not a requirement. BTW I went through DLI for Basic Russian in 93-94 and Intermediate Russian 97-98. ;D
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 10, 2013, 11:30:07 PM
QuoteTo be quite honest, we're not looking for gamers who are passionate amateurs about military games and history

there are no amatures here.
also, do we get to move back to Austin?
oh, and my grammer is most gooder.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 10, 2013, 11:41:55 PM
by the way Chris, Id really like to have a Coelian in WoT.
its on my Santa list.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.freeforumzone.it%2Fupload1%2F980867_Panther-Coelian.jpg&hash=9bee0d4b71311859970ecb2b836aebb0c167bfa4)
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Staggerwing on October 11, 2013, 05:11:05 AM
^Are they planning to introduce IL2s and Typhoons into WoT? Otherwise all you could do is hunt weeny tanks with it.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: ChrisK on October 16, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
No aircraft, no antiaircraft.  ::)

Staggerwing hit the nail on the head there. No American M42 Duster, no German Moebelwagen, no Russian Shilka, nothing like that.

Still looking for a researcher and an editor BTW. ;D
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:16:15 AM
Too bad there's no surf in Austin.   ::)
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:18:39 AM
In all seriousness, Gary you should drop Chris a line.  You seem well qualified from what I know of you from the forums.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Nefaro on October 17, 2013, 03:07:03 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:16:15 AM
Too bad there's no surf in Austin.   ::)

Charlie don't surf.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 17, 2013, 05:58:12 AM
Quote from: ChrisK on October 16, 2013, 08:09:04 PM

Still looking for a researcher and an editor BTW. ;D

Drop me a line when you guys need a good lawyer.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 17, 2013, 06:44:10 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 17, 2013, 03:07:03 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:16:15 AM
Too bad there's no surf in Austin.   ::)

Charlie don't surf.

Yeah, but there's always Travis Lake. Specifically, Hippie Hollow Park has some awesome waves from a strange local phenomena. Go check it out. You're welcome.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 17, 2013, 06:59:07 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 17, 2013, 06:44:10 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 17, 2013, 03:07:03 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:16:15 AM
Too bad there's no surf in Austin.   ::)

Charlie don't surf.

Yeah, but there's always Travis Lake. Specifically, Hippie Hollow Park has some awesome waves from a strange local phenomena. Go check it out. You're welcome.

I love the Oasis.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 17, 2013, 07:07:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 17, 2013, 06:59:07 AM
I love the Oasis.

LOL

As long as the heifers aren't out, sure.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: GJK on October 17, 2013, 07:28:54 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:18:39 AM
In all seriousness, Gary you should drop Chris a line.  You seem well qualified from what I know of you from the forums.

Thanks Toonces.  I'm sure that I could contribute to their company but I'm not sure if my qualifications are exactly what they're looking for.  I'll see what I can put together this weekend and submit it to Chris.  Wouldn't hurt to at least try.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 17, 2013, 07:41:15 AM
Quote from: ChrisK on October 16, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
Still looking for a researcher and an editor BTW. ;D

Wish I could...I can do both (technical writer/instructional designer for 10+ years), but I have a good job right now and couldn't do anything full time.
Title: Re: Job Posting
Post by: ChrisK on October 18, 2013, 09:09:21 PM
Send me your resumes anyway, couldn't hurt, right?  ;D