http://blog.playfire.com/2013/10/free-game-for-voting-in-golden-joysticks.html
Quote
Get a free game from GMG when you vote in the Golden Joysticks this year! [while suppljes/codes last]
Green Man Gaming are the headline sponsor for the Golden Joysticks 2013, and to mark the event we're offering everyone who votes the chance to pick up a free copy of either Civilization V or Mafia II. The same goes if you've already voted! Make sure you thank 2K Games, too, as this wouldn't be possible without them.
This year's awards has a boatload of brilliant games, which we'll be posting about here on the blog in the run up to the final event on the 25th October with a few competitions, polls and other gaming goodness.
Those who submit their votes at www.goldenjoystick.com will then be able to register for a free game from GMG, in association with 2K Games, at https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com. Qualifying voters will have their choice of a PC Download copy of Mafia II or Sid Meier's Civilization V, while stocks last.
When claiming your free game from GMG make sure you enter your CVG email address (the one you used for voting), and then enter your GMG account login details. That's how we verify you've voted. Please note that from the time you submit your votes it may take up to 48 hours to receive your free game, but this is covered in all the T&C jargon here if you want to read movre.
For more information on the Golden Joystick Awards and to vote, visit: www.goldenjoystick.com. For more information on Green Man Gaming's great offers visit: www.greenmangaming.com
*Regional restrictions may apply to free titles, which Green Man Gaming must adhere to. Free games are while stocks last. No substitutions will be provided. I'm so glad Tomb Raider is in the Best Moment category. Such an amazing part of that game. Plus it's also up for best storytelling and game of the year, so you know its good.
You will need to register/have a login on computerandvideogames.com and it may take 24/48 hrs after voting to get the Steam code for Mafia II or Civ 5.
I registered/voted yesterday. The site was a bit slow and I had to refresh screens a few times, but I got through it.
Buying votes??
That would also imply that people voting for those games don't even own them. ??? What witchery is this!?
Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Buying votes??
That would also imply that people voting for those games don't even own them. ??? What witchery is this!?
True, but as they say, there is nothing new under the sun...and are there actually "game of the year"/best game etc voting sites where each voter has to
prove they own the games they vote for?
Thought I would have a look as I haven't for years and was curious ;)
Mafia 2 is £14.99 for the digital download and £7.99 for the DVD version. I thought digital downloads were supposed to be cheaper? I then took a look in detail and the DD needs a Steam account :-\ but there is no mention of needing one with the DVD version?
Shame, really liked the first Mafia game. Just do not like Steam. Thanks anyway though.
Darkspire
http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=mafia+2 (http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=mafia+2)
.
Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Buying votes??
That would also imply that people voting for those games don't even own them. ??? What witchery is this!?
Considering that both of those games are several years old, I doubt that they're up for anything.
Civ V is only about a year old isn't it?
Just got my key for Mafia II....regardless how old, getting a free game for little work is always a good thing:) Always wanted to try this one anyway....
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 14, 2013, 02:59:16 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Buying votes??
That would also imply that people voting for those games don't even own them. ??? What witchery is this!?
Considering that both of those games are several years old, I doubt that they're up for anything.
I thought Civ 5 or one of it's expansions was up for something. *shrug*
I also didn't realize that it isn't the publisher that's giving them away, but that would require their okay wouldn't it?
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 14, 2013, 03:38:07 PM
Civ V is only about a year old isn't it?
Uh...no. Came out in 2010, dude. ;D