GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: DicedT on October 16, 2013, 11:14:59 AM

Title: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: DicedT on October 16, 2013, 11:14:59 AM
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/10/16/the_empire_shuts_down_star_wars
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 16, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
I LOL'ed :)
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: Martok on October 16, 2013, 12:22:22 PM
<chuckle> 

Yeah, that was great.  Thanks for the link DicedT! 



These are probably my two favorite bits: 
Quote
Q: My neighbors tell me that as long as the Empire fails to provide services, they are not obligated to provide taxes. What should I tell them?

A: Remind them that the Imperial Revenue Service (IRS) Death Star remains operational, and always will.


Q: Can I appeal my furlough?

A: Imperial workers who wish to dispute their furloughs will be scheduled for a personal counseling session with Lord Vader, who is eager to meet with unhappy employees.

Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: DicedT on October 16, 2013, 01:43:27 PM
A couple of government workers thanked me for making them smile. Sounded like they could use a laugh.

Michael
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: jejo68 on October 17, 2013, 05:17:08 AM
Jesus, did you Guys read the long Q & A following the article. some people have no sense of humor at all
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 17, 2013, 05:50:55 AM
the more I read internet article contents, the less faith I have in humanity
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: mirth on October 17, 2013, 07:29:53 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 17, 2013, 05:50:55 AM
the more I read internet article contents, the less faith I have in humanity

If I lose any more faith in humanity, it will likely trigger some kind of disappointment singularity that will destroy the universe.
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: DicedT on October 17, 2013, 09:54:27 AM
If you think Star War fans have no sense of humor, try writing a piece on Star Trek.

Michael
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: Staggerwing on October 17, 2013, 06:49:47 PM
Uh.. careful there Michael. At least one of the Grand Poobahs here dreams nightly of being one of the doomed heroes of Wolf 359.  :D
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: Martok on October 18, 2013, 01:48:06 AM
He's not the only one.  ;) 

Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: DicedT on October 18, 2013, 09:59:28 AM
Is that before or after he actually dates a girl?
Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: Martok on October 18, 2013, 10:47:43 AM
Doesn't matter.  I know from personal experience that having a woman doesn't make nerd rage go away.  :P 

Title: Re: The Empire Shuts Down
Post by: mirth on October 18, 2013, 10:59:08 AM
At best having a woman replaces nerd rage with a different rage.