Diesel hybrid 4WD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrj3JO438Vw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrj3JO438Vw)
Could be.
Our Prius gets right about 50 MPG. Upping that by 80% would be quite a feat. I'd love to see it.
Now let's find out how theory meets reality.
Its a plug in hybrid so part of that is just running off batteries. Electric only range 30 KM.
30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.
I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.
I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.
I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.
All plug in hybrids will have to use the equivalent rating. If a large chunk of their range came from a socket they cant claim it was MPG.
As a technology showcase it is impressive. As a vehicle for use I am pretty sure the cost of the tech will not be recovered in fuel use. When the tech is mature in its life cycle it should be cost effective, maybe 10 years after release.
Quote from: LongBlade on October 18, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.
I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.
I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.
I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.
reads this... falls off chair
Quote from: Windigo on October 23, 2013, 09:56:06 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 18, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.
I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.
I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.
I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.
reads this... falls off chair
Yeah, he's greener than you, mr high power 4x4.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ftheswash.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F12%2FThe-Stig-ale1152-25088429-450-450.jpeg&hash=e1d2fe31b648ed28e0ba7ca2ade54a9b571314a3)