GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2013, 07:57:21 AM

Title: Facebook's Coming PR Problem
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2013, 07:57:21 AM
Facebook is now allowing videos of beheadings (http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/22/news/companies/facebook-violent-videos/index.html) to be shown on their site.

Now, the fig leaf they're using to cover themselves is that they'll only be allowed if they're being condemned.
I can already picture Jihadi Akbar posting a video of a beheading, and claiming it's legit because he's condemning the technique used in the beheading.

Meanwhile, photos of moms breastfeeding their kids are still verboten.


Methinks FaceBook is about to get publicly hammered over this one.
Title: Re: Facebook's Coming PR Problem
Post by: Barthheart on October 22, 2013, 08:18:50 AM
Oh and their want to let kiddies post will most likely just turn FB into Kids R Us for pedophiles....  :P
Title: Re: Facebook's Coming PR Problem
Post by: Centurion40 on October 22, 2013, 08:30:23 AM
On the upside, they are breaking into new national markets....  ::)  :(
Title: Re: Facebook's Coming PR Problem
Post by: LongBlade on October 22, 2013, 11:34:05 AM
I gave up on FB at least a year ago.

I only go there when Brant is trying to win a radio contest.
Title: Re: Facebook's Coming PR Problem
Post by: Windigo on October 23, 2013, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 22, 2013, 11:34:05 AM
I gave up on FB at least a year ago.

I only go there when Brant is trying to win a radio contest.

I have been musing about that very option.