Now this is something unique from matrix
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3445796
Once this is released I am going to pick this up so quick it will snap your neck!
Whoa! This looks pretty awesome.
Prehistoric Autoduel with fleshy bits :)
Darkspire
^It should say that on the box.
Looks excellent and totally new....will buy that one...
As a player of Avalon Hills Circus Maximus and the later published Circus Minimus I always thought it would be nice to have this on the PC... :)
I applied for the beta immediately, the last game I played that had chariot races of some sort in it was Centurion: Defender of Rome from over 20 years ago.
Racing games? No thanks. Good chariot Racing games? You can wake me up from a blissfully absurd dream for those.
I'll keep my eye on this, but chariot racing never held an appeal to me, even though I love just about everything else Roman, particularly where combat is concerned. Maybe I should see a therapist over this irregularity?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2013, 05:36:13 AM
I'll keep my eye on this, but chariot racing never held an appeal to me, even though I love just about everything else Roman, particularly where combat is concerned. Maybe I should see a therapist over this irregularity?
I've never played Circus Maximus. I have bought, but never played, Circus Minimus.
From everything I gather they are a delight to play as boardgames. Maximus is supposed to be fairly complex so a port to the PC would, in theory, be welcome. Hopefully none of the tension will be lost in translation because the expectations are going to be high when guys start tossing around the names of classic boardgames.
Weird, Matrix's product page doesn't mention the developer.
Nice. I've been messing with Charioteer from Twohourwargames (http://www.twohourwargames.com/charioteer.html), which is a solo playable tabletop chariot game, so this looks very interesting to me.
Quote
Weird, Matrix's product page doesn't mention the developer.
That's not as uncommon as it might seem LB, as Matrix doesn't seem to mention developers without their own website (I think that's the criterium). Two of my three previous Matrix games don't have any information on the developer either: History - Legends of War and Germany at War - Barbarossa 1941. Maybe the website for the game isn't finished yet.
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 23, 2013, 03:51:32 AM
As a player of Avalon Hills Circus Maximus and the later published Circus Minimus I always thought it would be nice to have this on the PC... :)
Thanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game. I hope this PC game is as good.
I was in ALMOST as fast as Gus when I noticed it's single-player only.
You've got a TURN-BASED racing/team-building game and you leave out PBEM?
I haven't coded in a while, and so try to see both sides on this, but, geez...
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Chariots always make me think of Bob Newhart's 'General Chariot Corp'............. :)
I thought you were going to type that chariots reminded you of your early 30s...
Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2013, 01:42:03 PM
I thought you were going to type that chariots reminded you of your early 30s...
Yeah....that as well........very early 30's mind you.
Were you a driver for the Greens or the Reds?
Mock ye not.
Take a lass out in the chariot for a bit of a pootle - let her take the reins, and then you have to stand behind her to 'keep her steady'.......
Well, you have to hold on to something.
QuoteThanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game.
We often played with the nasty optional rule of counting down 5...4...3...2...1 when a players turn was up and if he didn't make his decisions within this 5 sec time window his charioteer had to follow the orders that he gave for the last turn...too bad if the speed of the last order was too fast to make the turn that was in sight now... 8)
Good memories indeed (the game was on our gaming table in 2002):
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_RuepjrK4q2c%2FTFkVXTOGfKI%2FAAAAAAAAADI%2FxChgN4-U-j8%2Fs1600%2F01manoever_18.jpg&hash=ff023ad5194ce7c0221d83a46010666c00e7cdf5)
"Mmmmh... perhaps I should tell him to brake before entering a curve... no, I think, I won't tell him..."
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_RuepjrK4q2c%2FTFkVIA-4agI%2FAAAAAAAAAC4%2FY-G-yXpqiMQ%2Fs1600%2F01_manoever15.jpg&hash=8f523be3e668c4dbd7017d34a458fb7b7a6c2714)
Circus Maximus - Hail to the Emperor!
^That is a wicked beard. Is that you?
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 23, 2013, 02:56:49 PM
QuoteThanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game.
We often played with the nasty optional rule of counting down 5...4...3...2...1 when a players turn was up and if he didn't make his decisions within this 5 sec time window his charioteer had to follow the orders that he gave for the last turn...too bad if the speed of the last order was too fast to make the turn that was in sight now... 8)
Good memories indeed (the game was on our gaming table in 2002):
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_RuepjrK4q2c%2FTFkVXTOGfKI%2FAAAAAAAAADI%2FxChgN4-U-j8%2Fs1600%2F01manoever_18.jpg&hash=ff023ad5194ce7c0221d83a46010666c00e7cdf5)
"Mmmmh... perhaps I should tell him to brake before entering a curve... no, I think, I won't tell him..."
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_RuepjrK4q2c%2FTFkVIA-4agI%2FAAAAAAAAAC4%2FY-G-yXpqiMQ%2Fs1600%2F01_manoever15.jpg&hash=8f523be3e668c4dbd7017d34a458fb7b7a6c2714)
Circus Maximus - Hail to the Emperor!
Fun!
Quote^That is a wicked beard. Is that you?
No, that's my best friend, I met him in the Bundeswehr 25 years ago. I am the other guy but I was way younger than I am now or so it seems...and my friend got rid of the wicked beard :P
QuoteFun!
Yes it was! We had some great games running in some beer induced strange mood...you don't believe me, check it out! The girl with the many hats on is Hiimori ;)
http://hfcpics.blogspot.de/2010/08/1st-hfc-game-meeting-in-ahrweiler.html (http://hfcpics.blogspot.de/2010/08/1st-hfc-game-meeting-in-ahrweiler.html)
Hiimori...is a chick?!?
She's my partner and a wargaming chick yes :)
but...................
I had no idea.
LOL, is that a problem for you? ;)
Not unless she now has a beard like your buddy did.
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 25, 2013, 09:05:39 AM
LOL, is that a problem for you? ;)
i cant remember who, but someone here owes me an apology!! :-[
For what?
they said Grimnirsson and Hilmori were a gay couple!!!!!!!!!!!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1377203_10151708580228601_1232569502_n.jpg)
Grimnirsson & Hiimori ;)
lmao - where did you find that?
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 25, 2013, 10:34:32 AM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1377203_10151708580228601_1232569502_n.jpg)
Grimnirsson & Hiimori ;)
Whoops, I meant to reply to your post.
Ahahahaha!
Hiimori is welcome here any time! She's perfect here.
Quotewhere did you find that?
Internet: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Grimnirsson. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life, funny pics and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
Totally thought Hiimori was a dude.
was it you who told me?
That Hiimori was a dude? Don't think so. I just assume everyone's a dude here except for people who come out and say they are someone's wife. Like Star.
This thread got me remembering I had a project on CIRCUS MAXIMUS boardgame themed game I did on the PC & Mac for free, its here if you want it http://www.mediafire.com/download/50i19eo2g6gp9st/Chariots46WinMac.zip
Over at Matrix, wodin posted a link to this: http://www.turnopia.com/ (http://www.turnopia.com/) which seems to be the developer's website.
That makes it odd that Matrix doesn't link to it, as clearly the developer has a website.
Quote from: ComradeP on October 26, 2013, 01:38:31 AM
Over at Matrix, wodin posted a link to this: http://www.turnopia.com/ (http://www.turnopia.com/) which seems to be the developer's website.
That makes it odd that Matrix doesn't link to it, as clearly the developer has a website.
Yep...looks like the game was also free to download up until the point they went with Matrix....too bad didn't see it before then in order to snag it for a sneak peek:) If anyone happened to do so before the link was taken down, would love if anyone could share it. Just curious to see what it is like.
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 25, 2013, 03:16:07 PM
was it you who told me?
Might have been me. I dunno. I think I did spot that they were a couple a while back. Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 22, 2013, 06:22:03 PM
Now this is something unique from matrix
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3445796
coming March 4th
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1359/Qvadriga.gets.Release.Date.and..Box.Art
Product page w/screenshots: http://matrixgames.com/products/514/details/Qvadriga
QuotePlayers: 1
AI: Yes
PBEM: No
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-wGvQJMoOxHc%2FUTiuFActEhI%2FAAAAAAAAOMQ%2Fz7pEDK3dHAM%2Fs320%2F654.jpg&hash=68bd205953d29dd7fe144b0a842487414b7bfd1f)
Matrix...W.....T.....F....?
A short aar in case interested
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=263&t=48353
I'm glad to see no expense has been spared on the graphics.
Then again, it is only 1983, so what do we really expect? ::)