Former Lordz start new adventure, cool new Pacific WW2 strategy game coming your way!
http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com/site/2013/10/order-of-battle-pacific-takes-off/
Too soon for screenshots? Couldn't find any over on the Matrix product page.
Looking forward to more information on this one. :)
Woohoo! Another Pacific War game. Hope it turns out to be a great one.
I will definitely be watching this one! Mmmmmm......Yamato Class Battleships.
Quote from: Steelgrave on October 25, 2013, 07:41:57 PM
I will definitely be watching this one! Mmmmmm......Yamato Class Battleships.
ditto! ...and those were
Super Yamato class Battleships :)
Lord Z, what organizational level will the ground units be? Or is this planned as a Panzer Corp type game where unit level is ambiguous?
Quote from: Steelgrave on October 25, 2013, 08:47:27 PM
Lord Z, what organizational level will the ground units be? Or is this planned as a Panzer Corp type game where unit level is ambiguous?
It's an iPad & Android, well as PC game so I don't think it will be a Panzer Corp game.
Product page mentions 'The Aristocrats' developers who created the new Panzer Corps game, so chances sound pretty good that it will be like the new Panzer Corps. Which is fine with me. Been waiting for a game about the PTO like this.
Quote from: Gusington on October 25, 2013, 09:59:16 PM
Product page mentions 'The Aristocrats' developers who created the new Panzer Corps game, so chances sound pretty good that it will be like the new Panzer Corps. Which is fine with me. Been waiting for a game about the PTO like this.
Me too!
Quote from: Steelgrave on October 25, 2013, 08:47:27 PM
Lord Z, what organizational level will the ground units be? Or is this planned as a Panzer Corp type game where unit level is ambiguous?
PRODUCT INFO
Order of Battle: Pacific is the first title in a new series of hexagonal strategy games developed by The Artistocrats (www.the-artistocrats.com), designed to cover military history from ancients to modern warfare. The Artistocrats was founded by members of the team who created Panzer Corps.
Set during in Pacific theater of WW2, Order of Battle: Pacific features playable campaigns for both the US-led Allies and the Japanese Empire. Starting from the attack on Pearl Harbor, the dynamic campaign system allows players to alter the course of history and win the war as Japan in the fictional "what-if" conquest of Australia, or lead the Allied forces from the struggle at the beginning of the war to ultimate victory with the invasion of Japan.
With a selection of over 300 unique looking and behaving units, players can build and manage their army and fleet throughout the campaign. Early units include the iconic M3 Stuart, Type 97 Chi-Ha, A6M Zero and F4U Corsair fighters. As new technology becomes available, players eventually gain access to high-tech and prototype units such as the Nakajima Kikka and P-80 Shooting Star jet-fighters, Montana and Super Yamato Class battleships and T28, T29 and Type 100 I/O heavy tanks.
A unique system of Specializations allows players to customize their forces with special units, bonuses and abilities that reflect the difference in strategies and mentality of the opposing sides. Focus on the merciless Japanese fighting spirit with Banzai Charge and Bushido Code, establish supply advantages with the Tokyo Express, or gain access to B29 Nuclear Bombers through the Manhattan Project.
A set of 60 Commanders – 30 for each side, split between Generals, Pilots and Captains – is gradually unlocked in the campaigns. Commanders can be attached to specific units to provide unique bonuses to anything in their command range. While good use of unit types and tactics remains the player's priority, clever use of Commanders can tip the balance in an offensive operation or buy just enough time in defense to turn the tide to your favor.
Add an intuitive in-game scenario editor, up to 4 player multiplayer support through Hotseat or Slitherine's PBEM++ server system and you have a game with endless re-playability.
Features
Classic turn based, hex based gameplay with an intuitive UI and great depth.
Play as the Japanese or Allies in 3 dynamic campaigns with unit carryover and multiple "what-if" scenarios including the Japanese invasion of Australia!
A rich 3D world with gorgeous animations and effects. Turn based wargaming has never looked this good!
20 different Specializations give a unique feel to each sides including Banzai Charge, Bushido Code and even the Manhattan Project.
Over 300 different units, including infantry, tanks, ships and aircraft, each with unique visuals and animations.
More than 60 Commanders with special offensive and defensive bonuses to really customize your force.
A deep but intuitive supply system allowing breakthroughs & encirclements.
4 player multiplayer over PBEM++ and hotseat, supporting last-man-standing, teamplay and cooperative against AI scenarios.
An extensive, user-friendly in-game scenario editor with a what-you-see-is-what-you-get design.
Grognard option to turn off the gorgeous 3D artwork and use a classic boardgame display mode with unit counters.
That sound you hear is me quietly holding my breath...
You know, the thing I hate most about knowing a game is coming that I'm 100% gonna buy....is the wait!
How long do we have to wait on this?
Quote from: Gusington on October 27, 2013, 01:52:00 PM
How long do we have to wait on this?
I'm checking; trying to get a preview.
Thank you, Doc.
...stumbled upon this post from a dev on the Matrixgames forums (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3453254):
Quote
I can't be too detailed about exact gameplay yet (mostly because things are still in development) but the gameplay is somewhere in between PzC and Battle Academy in terms of complexity. Several units have special abilities. To name a few examples:
- Amphibious units can enter and exit (shallow) water
- Engineers can destroy & construct bridges
- Engineers can place & clear minefields
- Tactical bombers can switch between torpedo and bomb (if the type allows both)
- Japanese air units can be switched to Kamikaze setup (later in game)
- Japanese infantry can use "banzai charge", a high risk/return attack (similar to BA's "Assault").
- US tanks can attach "field armour", trading speed for armour
...
Naval aspect is of course much more important than in PzC (many different types and classes, carriers providing air supply, coastal vessels providing ground supply, distinction between "deep" and "shallow" water, ships provided AA support for eachother, ...).
The campaign will include land-based (ex Philippines), naval-based (ex Midway) and mixed (ex. Guadal Canal) scenarios. Player have to develop both a land and naval force during the campaign. Neglect your fleet and some naval scenarios will be very hard to win, which will in turn impact the difficulty of later scenarios.
Here are some screens from Facebook.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1402281_659544444066443_894922555_o.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1491528_659544477399773_577054872_o.jpg)
Sweet!!!
want...Now!
Looks good! I like the look of the ships. And the land units too, actually. When can we expect this? Please type "tomorrow."
well that snuck in under the radar!
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 06, 2013, 07:30:58 PM
well that snuck in under the radar!
Kind of like a PT boat moving into point blank range in a heavy fog 8)
Looks a bit familiar.. why this isn't called "Pacific Corps"?
Different developer. Presumably there will be a Pacific Corps one day as well. DMP's new Panzer Corps mod is also called Pacific Corps (in German) and it's quite good.
Quote- US tanks can attach "field armour", trading speed for armour
This worries me. The Japanese already have few good AT weapons, and in most PG style games trading speed for protection is perfectly OK. For example: playing as the Soviets I usually pick KV-1's over T-34's in 1941-1943 as even though they're slower, they're more difficult to kill.
Quote from: Tinkershuffle on December 07, 2013, 02:35:31 AM
Looks a bit familiar.. why this isn't called "Pacific Corps"?
No doubt that it's a derivative of Panzer Corps.
The units are 3D this time.
Quote from: jomni on December 07, 2013, 04:48:11 AM
Quote from: Tinkershuffle on December 07, 2013, 02:35:31 AM
Looks a bit familiar.. why this isn't called "Pacific Corps"?
No doubt that it's a derivative of Panzer Corps.
The units are 3D this time.
Maybe it's a 'trial run' for the upcoming WH4K game.
The development team for this is made of some but not all of the guys who did the new Panzer Corps, IIRC.
Panzer Corp Engine or not, this one is looking good, there hasn't been a good tactical Pacific game in a long long time.
^Yes! Who has not dreamt of some Japanese vs. American armor action? Can't wait for this.
Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 04:59:59 PM
^Yes! Who has not dreamt of some Japanese vs. American armor action? Can't wait for this.
LOL Only fun if playing the US! Only later model Japanese medium tanks had a chance against a Sherman.
Taking your chances is part of the fun :)
It looks ok - be watching out for this I think.
Some new screenshots posted at Matixgames. Order of Battle Pacific is set to be released Summer 2014.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1375/Order.of.Battle:.Pacific.Screenshots.Revealed
Looks awesome, another must buy for me. There are too many games I really want being released this year! Good time to be a wargamer I guess. :)
Yep. Looking really good.
Thanks for posting...Day 1 purchase for me.
Quote from: Gusington on March 17, 2014, 02:40:02 PM
Thanks for posting...Day 1 purchase for me.
Same here...another must-buy!
Not again! I am already broke :o
Yea - I'm getting this one.
Go for it. Gamers like me rely on you 'first day' purchasers to give us your initial impressions we then use to make our decisions later on. Tell it like it is...the good, the bad and the ugly of the game.
Quote from: Rayfer on March 17, 2014, 05:06:28 PM
Go for it. Gamers like me rely on you 'first day' purchasers to give us your initial impressions we then use to make our decisions later on. Tell it like it is...the good, the bad and the ugly of the game.
Always glad to help whenever I can. ;)
Quote from: Gusington on March 17, 2014, 02:40:02 PM
Thanks for posting...Day 1 purchase for me.
Ditto! Saving my loose change as we speak.
Is this Panzer General style play?
Would like to hear more about the campaign, is there a main map or is it just a series of battles like Panzer Corps?
Some info on the units....
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3602151
My only question is when can I have this??? 8) ;D 8)
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
I hope this game plays as good as it looks!
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
Ditto. I would buy both 8)
Quote from: Steelgrave on May 03, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
Ditto. I would buy both 8)
Same. Would love to see a modern take on Panzer Corps
Hmm didn't see any Japanese armor...did I miss it?
You mean the Hi-Ho and the Ha-Choo and the Chi-Chi and what not?
'Multi Platformer' makes me a bit skeptical.
Graphics look nice, but is this just a watered-down Panzer Corps?
Also, is Slitherine going to just continue milking the PzC UI and game mechanics?
Regardless, this will be a day one purchase, as I support Slitherine and a Wargame that looks visually appealing
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on May 04, 2014, 12:07:20 AM
'Multi Platformer' makes me a bit skeptical.
Graphics look nice, but is this just a watered-down Panzer Corps?
Also, is Slitherine going to just continue milking the PzC UI and game mechanics?
Regardless, this will be a day one purchase, as I support Slitherine and a Wargame that looks visually appealing
One man's watered-down Panzer Corps is another man's "can't wait" game. I own every Panzer Corps and DLC and, like many here, will make this a day one purchase. I'm not trying to be critical, but so long as they are making good games and people are buying them, I don't get your issue.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
Like People's General. ;)
Quote from: jomni on May 04, 2014, 12:32:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
Like People's General. ;)
Thank you! For the life of me, I could not recall the name of that game!
I loved People's General!!!
As for OoB Pacific, this is a must buy as long as the campaigns are comprehensive and well done.
People's General was pretty friggin awesome.
I am just really glad to see the Pacific finally get some attention!
If it does play out like Panzer Corps, that is okay with me, but I hope they make a few refinements to the campaign system. The one thing that keeps me from play PC more is how if you fail to capture that last city, the campaign can dead end and you find yourself staring at the start screen again. It makes the game too frustrating at times. I would rather have a failure trigger some other result - perhaps some sort of penalty for the next battle based on how much you overshot the goal to take all the objectives? - then just have the game hit the breaks like that, forcing you to begin all over again.