Celsius makes much more sense than Fahrenheit. Water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100 degrees. It also directly correlates with the Kelvin scale. Fahrenheit doesn't make any sense at all, so stop using it!
Thanks, bye.
It's the Thermometer Lobby. It's nefarious reach into our nation's government makes that of Big Oil, Big Pharma, and Big Banking look puny.
I dunno.
It's 48 outside right now and that feels kinda chilly. I think I'll stick with it.
Will this become a heated debate or will it recieve a cool reception?
Depends to what degree we think its important.
Interest will only be temporary.
Unless it hot's up.
I'll switch to Celsius when Hell freezes over!
You guys are too Punny.
The land of puns,isn't that where jokes go to die?
LOL :)
Don't boil over it.
Yeah, and switch to the metric system while you're at it you crazy Americans!
if you guys don't scale back the rhetoric, someone's going to get all steamed up.
you want we should cool it then?
Absolutely.
Guess it's time to simmer down.
Quote from: Toonces on October 26, 2013, 01:34:32 PM
Yeah, and switch to the metric system while you're at it you crazy Americans!
Good point!
Next you'll want us to change our comics to kelvin and hobbes!
I'm having a meltdown over it.
The pace of Americans adopting Celsius and the Metric System has been rather glacial.
You give them an inch, they take a mile....all while wanting you to convert it to kilometers 8)
The issue seems rather mercurial to me
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 26, 2013, 02:07:23 PM
Guess it's time to simmer down.
Better than being hot under the collar.
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.
<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">
Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.
<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">
Remove the half, then it sounds ok. 8)
that's the best argument I've heard so far.
Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.
<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2Fhobbits-its-called-a-pint-2_zps1ba11139.jpg&hash=87577ccf966c753c0e402a2a52a18c81ab4ebc6f)
Quote from: LongBlade on October 27, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.
<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2Fhobbits-its-called-a-pint-2_zps1ba11139.jpg&hash=87577ccf966c753c0e402a2a52a18c81ab4ebc6f)
+2.....