GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Toonces on October 29, 2013, 08:34:23 PM

Title: Biggest waves ever surfed...
Post by: Toonces on October 29, 2013, 08:34:23 PM
Saw this today from Portugal.

Carlos Burle on what is likely the biggest wave ever ridden:



Carlos then tows his partner, Maya Gabeira into a wave where she wipes out:



From what I understand, she basically drowns, but Carlos drags her unconscious body onto the beach and they successfully resuscitate her.





Seriously hard core.
Title: Re: Biggest waves ever surfed...
Post by: Gusington on October 29, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
Saw that on the news...beyond hardcore. Carlos himself said he doesn't know how he's still alive.
Title: Re: Biggest waves ever surfed...
Post by: LongBlade on October 29, 2013, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
Saw that on the news...beyond hardcore. Carlos himself said he doesn't know how he's still alive.

I'm thinking I'd pass on attempting the record.