GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on November 02, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

Title: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: Nefaro on November 02, 2013, 10:43:59 AM
I'm not looking forward to this near as much as the naval side of things, but I'm still curious as to how differently they've modelled the tank battles in the 'ground forces' side of WT, due to be out sometime before Christmas. 

One thing I've enjoyed about WT's Air Forces 'MOBA', compared to WoWP, is the damage modelling.  While it still needs more individual platform tweaking, it's just more realistic than the arbitrary Hit Points situation in the Wargaming.net titles.  Sure, you can get the occasional nasty one-shotting in WT but you also don't have Health Bars.  I know.. the Health Bars in WoT/WP are there for extra balancing purposes but it doesn't help immersion IMO. 

I guess we'll find out how it plays in the next month or so. 

There were some recent screenies released from the beta, in this thread:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/48225-ground-forces-work-in-progress/page-118

Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: FlickJax on November 02, 2013, 10:49:55 AM
nice another tank game for me to get addicted too :)
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: RooksBailey on November 02, 2013, 04:25:16 PM
I am really interested to see what they deliver.  And really, really interested to see what effect it has on WoT.
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: Nefaro on November 09, 2013, 03:11:07 PM
Add me to your respective Friends Lists on War Thunder, name is "Nefaro". 

Maybe we can get some flights grouped up on occasion.  Tag team noobs.  ;)
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: SgtRock on January 29, 2014, 12:35:14 PM
Some youtube videos, No arty so far but, it does have aircraft and mobile AAA. The graphics look real nice. Too early to tell if it's any better than WOT.


Flak Panzer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VxVIj1HJ8

Stug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lks-PNnwt9Y
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 29, 2014, 01:07:11 PM
that looks loads better then WoT.  lots more detail on the tanks and terrain.
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 29, 2014, 01:30:58 PM
Nice.  I just got rockets for my Typhoon 1b/late.  Can't wait to blow up some tread-heads.
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 29, 2014, 01:41:53 PM
well if they have that little Flakpanzer Im sure somewhere theyll have a Wirblewind.  8)
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 29, 2014, 01:43:51 PM
Just one more thing to blow up.
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 29, 2014, 02:07:00 PM
we have many ways to shoot down planes.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fwww.autoblog.com%2Fmedia%2F2009%2F02%2Flaser-avenger.jpg&hash=57988761240a22ee9d246982b59906f3ec6f3684)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.military-today.com%2Fartillery%2Fm163_vulcan.jpg&hash=8726be40fd8bc4d24b7c5c53df703e2782d40689)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.army-technology.com%2Fprojects%2Fgepard%2Fimages%2Fgepard1.jpg&hash=cbfc1edc67eccbd8f814df5c5063c6cd9f9764cd)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fth09.deviantart.net%2Ffs71%2FPRE%2Fi%2F2013%2F186%2F0%2F8%2Fanglerfish_team_s_zsu_23_4_modded_by_chloeeuphemissoledad-d6c2j36.jpg&hash=49564cfe8961344848764db078b5247981150b1b)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fa%2Fa9%2FVDay_Parade_Rehearsal_Moscow03.jpg&hash=082842bb3794bddaf29f3d23178bdcf19d392ddd)
Title: Re: War Thunder - Ground Forces
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 29, 2014, 02:09:54 PM
I hope they start adding night missions.  I'm dumping my RP into the Lancaster after I get my Tempest.