Paradox Interactive press release
EUIV_Conquest of Paradise
First Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Offers a New World to Conquer
New "Conquest of Paradise" Expansion Adds Randomized American Continent, Colonial Nations, and Native American Nations to Empire-building Game
NEW YORK – November 4, 2013 – Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games that never settles down, today revealed details on the first expansion to Europa Universalis IV, the award-winning empire building game developed by Paradox Development Studio for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Are you ready to explore a brave new world? The new expansion, Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise, allows you to send your ships off to the west to discover a new world, unlike any you've seen before. For the first time ever in a Paradox Development Studio game, players are given the chance to discover a completely randomized American continent, where no playthrough will ever be the same.
Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise makes it possible for you to play as a Native American nation and master the federation mechanics, as well as unique national ideas, buildings and events. You may also take command of a Colonial Nation, declare colonial war, or even strive for liberty from your motherland.
Read the first developer diary for the expansion here: forum.paradoxplaza.com
The changes to exploration will be explored in a live stream on November 7, featuring Europa Universalis IV Project Lead Thomas Johansson and Studio Manager Johan Andersson. To see Conquest of Paradise firsthand, join the stream at 8 p.m. CET / 11 a.m. PST on Paradox Interactive's Twitch.tv channel at www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.
Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise will release on all major digital-download portals on December 11th, 2013.
Europa Universalis IV is the critically acclaimed strategy game that allows players to tell their own stories, determining the course of international events as they see fit. Whether they're growing a sprawling nation across the sea to the shores of a new world, or trying to survive an invasion by overseas explorers, Europa Universalis IV offers enough options to satisfy colonialists and imperialists alike.
Europa Universalis IV Patch 1.3 released last week, read the patchnotes here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?731814-1.3-Patch-Released
Strategy fans and ambitious conquerors can purchase Europa Universalis IV now at www.europauniversalis4.com.
EUIV_ConquestofParadise_1
EUIV_ConquestofParadise_2
EUIV_ConquestofParadise_3
EUIV_ConquestofParadise_4
Read more:
Awesome news! 8)
Randomized New World? I'm all over that!
Quote from: Nefaro on November 04, 2013, 07:18:00 PM
Randomized New World? I'm all over that!
See, I'm not so sure. I remember the random map generator in EUII and how useless it was. Still, I will certainly give this a shot, because it could be really interesting (and a good replacement for those old colonization sims).
As long as they still give us the option to play with a "normal" new world and that this expansion doesn't have the Aztecs invading Europe I'll give it a go.
Is it ok if the Han sail an invasion fleet to California? :D
You can preorder this now. I did. ;D
Excellent preview of the expansion on RPS
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/10/colonial-colloquial-eu-iv-conquest-of-paradise-interview/ (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/10/colonial-colloquial-eu-iv-conquest-of-paradise-interview/)
Good read, thanks for posting the link!
Good read.
I hope their random map generation works. I also hope they take on a project in the near future that will challenge Civ. I think they could really make it come alive.
The new colonial nations sound really interesting!