http://store.steampowered.com/app/249650/?snr=1_4_4__tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC
anyone have? looks interesting but the new x-com dlc and X rebirth are coming out soon!!
It looks like it could be good but I don't recognize any games they have previously made.
I'm going to pass on early access.
I purchased and downloaded it but have yet found the time to try it out.
When I do, I'll try to post some impressions.
Quote from: Tpek on November 06, 2013, 03:15:58 PM
I purchased and downloaded it but have yet found the time to try it out.
When I do, I'll try to post some impressions.
looking forward to it. thanks!
I'm also curious. Unfortunately the official forums, as well as videos on Youtube, are all in German. I want to jump in, but I also remember what a mess the last Dark Eye game was.
Quote from: tgb on November 06, 2013, 04:02:51 PM
I'm also curious. Unfortunately the official forums, as well as videos on Youtube, are all in German. I want to jump in, but I also remember what a mess the last Dark Eye game was.
The Dark Eye is simply a German RPG system/world like D&D.
Most of these games aren't related at all.
And frankly, the latest in this world, Demonicon, wasn't too bad.
This game, despite being unfinished is quite a lot of fun.
It mostly revolves around turn based tactical battles with your party having to fight all kinds of arranged battles in various environments (which have effects).
And having the ability to go to various towns to trade for gear, heal, rest, train and get side-quests.
Quote from: Tpek on November 07, 2013, 02:16:47 PM
This game, despite being unfinished is quite a lot of fun.
It mostly revolves around turn based tactical battles with your party having to fight all kinds of arranged battles in various environments (which have effects).
And having the ability to go to various towns to trade for gear, heal, rest, train and get side-quests.
Seriously?
Like I need yet another game to play and love and write about >:(
Quote from: LongBlade on November 07, 2013, 02:25:08 PM
Quote from: Tpek on November 07, 2013, 02:16:47 PM
This game, despite being unfinished is quite a lot of fun.
It mostly revolves around turn based tactical battles with your party having to fight all kinds of arranged battles in various environments (which have effects).
And having the ability to go to various towns to trade for gear, heal, rest, train and get side-quests.
Seriously?
Like I need yet another game to play and love and write about >:(
Then let Gus/JH/SoM play and do the review this time :P
I would get Ghosts right now if:
1. The price was 1/3 what it is;
2. And it didn't have a lot of negative waves floating around out there
Quote from: Gusington on November 07, 2013, 07:51:59 PM
I would get Ghosts right now if:
1. The price was 1/3 what it is;
2. And it didn't have a lot of negative waves floating around out there
Maybe the negative waves are from that red cap you've got pulled down over your eyes.
I wasn't planning on getting the Steam version of this thing, but does anyone know if it will run on XP?
RPG with tactical turn-based battles
PC and Mac Demo
http://www.blackguards-game.com/blackguards-demo-now-available/
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8166.0
Sorry didn't see it, mod ok to delete this thread
PC and Mac Demo
http://www.blackguards-game.com/blackguards-demo-now-available/
I believe they can merge threads, which is better :)
After I saw this, I looked around for reviews. What I read claimed that the game was quite difficult and some of the tactical battles have a single path to victory.
I put about 2 hours in and wasn't particularly thrilled. It's very similar to Expeditions Conquistador (http://conquistadorthegame.com/) from last year, particularly in terms of the combat. In other words, your guys are going to get messed up...a lot. If you like multiple sections of character upgrades, you'll like that. You earn points that can be spent on upgrading existing skills and adding new ones, adding/upgrading special abilities/spells, or learning new abilities from teachers you might find in towns.
I dunno...it's okay. Nothing great. I might be done with it. Expeditions got old really quickly for me, and the same thing is happening with this.
GOG.com is offering Blackguards Special Edition (http://www.gog.com/game/blackguards_special_edition) at 10% off until Wednesday, January 29, at 3:59PM GMT.
I download and tried the demo, I find the game a bit of an odd mix. It seems to me to be an Adventure game with tactical combat, it just didn't cut it for me way to linear.
Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM
Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.
That's untrue.
You automatically get all the loot during battles.
SOME battles however, allow you to get extra gold if you open the chests.
This serves as a tactical choice, since you're going to have people manage to reach the chest and open it, all the while fighting the real battle.
Quote from: Tpek on February 03, 2014, 09:37:30 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM
Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.
That's untrue.
You automatically get all the loot during battles.
SOME battles however, allow you to get extra gold if you open the chests.
This serves as a tactical choice, since you're going to have people manage to reach the chest and open it, all the while fighting the real battle.
Glad to hear it. Still not a fan of the game, but at least the devs had the sense not to go that far with things.