Having spent over 100 dollars the past month on BF4 and X-Afterbirth, the game I find myself playing the most is the one I bought on a whim for 15 dollars, Prison Architect.
Lots of enjoyment to be had building a prison and keeping it properly staffed. The first time you have a riot in the laundry room and 2 guards get killed by shanks, you know shit is for real yo. Or when you have a prisoner escape by tunneling out of his jail cell Andy Dufresne style.
Still technically in Alpha, this game is more polished then a lot of games have been on release recently.
Check it out
http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/
where is it $15?
Was on sale, on Steam, not long ago.
did you see the halloween easter egg?
Good to know. Thanks!
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2013, 09:51:07 AM
did you see the halloween easter egg?
Yes, all your prisoners dancing in the yard to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Pretty cool
^ I can't believe you just gave that away!
Are there modes to build prisons in different time periods or are they all contemporary?
Don't forget to keep an eye out for a rather tawdry prisoner nicknamed 'spelk'. :)
See @9:53 minutes in here:
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2013, 06:25:53 PM
^ I can't believe you just gave that away!
Are there modes to build prisons in different time periods or are they all contemporary?
It only worked during Halloween so its not like anyone could see it anymore.
Its a modern Prison Gus. Of course you can build the prison to your liking making it how you like. No TV, no pay phones, no pool tables, no yard, etc.
Quote from: spelk on November 18, 2013, 06:51:43 PM
Don't forget to keep an eye out for a rather tawdry prisoner nicknamed 'spelk'. :)
See @9:53 minutes in here:
Right to solitary confinement if he ever shows up in my game.
Ah so we can make prisons how we see fit...finally!
I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC. :)
Right now on Steam it's $30 for that early access. Spend $50 and you get to name a prisoner and fill in a bio.
I could see some shankadelic wargame aficionado going postal at a game store. That would be fun to write up.
Quote from: Dolan50 on November 19, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC. :)
or the GITMO DLC.
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 19, 2013, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: Dolan50 on November 19, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC. :)
or the GITMO DLC.
We want them to suffer, not be pampered with such niceties as cable television and soccer fields. :P
You could always hire the Spanish Inquisition.
It does seem like a good game (from the videos) that has the potential to expand into other venues.
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 19, 2013, 08:11:03 PM
You could always hire the Spanish Inquisition.
I wasn't expecting
that.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 19, 2013, 10:06:32 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 19, 2013, 08:11:03 PM
You could always hire the Spanish Inquisition.
I wasn't expecting that.
Exactly! Their two chief weapons are the Element of Surprise.
And soft cushions
And the comfy chair.
What's this? A Star Wars mod for
Prison Architect?
I may have to try this out sometime!