GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

Title: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 01:11:30 PM
I got my weekly "25% off that doesn't actually apply to any game you'd like to buy" voucher from GMG this morning.  When I went to the site to see what was new and on sale, I saw a game called Tank Operations: European Campaign on for $14.99

I'd not heard of it before.  It looks like it might be a light, turn-based war game along the lines of Panzer General.  Anyone know anything about it?

I did a very cursory web search for it but didn't come up with anything really detailed, mostly just various websites re-posting the press release (which was light on detail).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/strategy/tank-operations-european-campaign/#item-s10 (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/strategy/tank-operations-european-campaign/#item-s10)
Title: Re: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: WallysWorld on November 22, 2013, 01:35:55 PM
I looked into this game earlier this week and found a Youtube video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgOQczdAuZ4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgOQczdAuZ4)
Title: Re: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 01:59:37 PM
Thanks Wally.  Gave me a good enough overview to decide not to buy for the PC.  Looks like it might be decent as phone/tablet game though.
Title: Re: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 22, 2013, 02:03:19 PM
Longblade and I had a chat about it one day.  Aside from touting themselves as "historical" while also parking aircraft carrier off of North Africa, it looked like it me be a bit of fun :)
Title: Re: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on November 24, 2013, 02:46:00 AM
Don't even bother. Misses the mark in so many aspects.

Personally, the fact that the games scale is unknown and confusing is only the icing on the cake.
Title: Re: Tank Operations: European Campaign
Post by: jomni on November 24, 2013, 05:02:47 AM
Panzer General-ish?