GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bob48 on November 26, 2013, 03:57:05 PM

Title: Space Hulk
Post by: bob48 on November 26, 2013, 03:57:05 PM
Version 1.3 now downloading with various bug fixes and enhancements, plus 2 new DLC campaigns are available @ £3.99 each, old money  ;D
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: Nefaro on November 26, 2013, 05:04:49 PM
I've still not even started Space Hulk since picking it up on a sale two or three months ago.  :-\   

My spending habits have gotten so far ahead of my playing habits that I'm booked for the distant future.  :(  I suppose this is better than not having anything interesting to play!
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: Gusington on November 26, 2013, 06:39:58 PM
^Or not being able to buy anything.
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 26, 2013, 10:43:35 PM
I bought Wargame: EE and Airland Battle when they were on sale four weeks or so ago...and only tonight did I fire it up to play the first scenario.  :-\
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
what did ya think?
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 27, 2013, 08:23:54 AM
^ Me, of Wargame: EE? Pretty cool, actually. Being able to zoom in on a Leopard and watch as it crushes fences during movement and leave tracks is a great touch. I liked the firefights; very satisfying booms and explosions. I lost a Leopard in that first scenario but that's because I didn't mind the flank as well as I should have...freaking anti-tank missiles. I like that my forces automatically engage and aren't 'stupid' waiting for me to direct everything; sometimes they start firing at targets that I hadn't seen pop up yet...which causes me a twinge of panic when I hear that klaxon sound go off and go 'where the hell is that coming from? Oh...you bastards, I'll show you!'
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 09:37:03 PM
Why are you playing EE if you have AirLand Battle?  I thought it was universally considered better in most every way.
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: Steelgrave on November 27, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
I see that Space Hulk is on sale at Steam. Is the game worth it at this time?
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 28, 2013, 12:48:52 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 09:37:03 PM
Why are you playing EE if you have AirLand Battle?  I thought it was universally considered better in most every way.

I only downloaded the one. I haven't even downloaded ALB yet. I thought EE was the first one, and they were sold in a bundle, so I went with the first one.
Title: Re: Space Hulk
Post by: JasonPratt on November 28, 2013, 10:17:02 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 27, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
I see that Space Hulk is on sale at Steam. Is the game worth it at this time?

Yes, although I'm not sure about the extra campaigns. Also, squad management is non-existent, but that may mirror the original board game.

Arguably, the original SH computer game adaptation is still better in several ways. But this was a noble effort!