GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on November 26, 2013, 07:26:25 PM

Title: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: Nefaro on November 26, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
A new old style turn-based RPG dungeon delver! 

:D

Five dollah.  Looks like something I'd enjoy, although I'm not sure how many "environmental puzzles" are involved.  Hopefully nothing anywhere near Grimrock levels.  Also not sure about how much gameplaye there is - being built for a tablet usually means it's pretty limited as far as PC games go.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PAPERS/paper-sorcerer

At five little'uns, it is mine! 

edit:  Hrmm.. on second thought maybe I'll wait & see if it comes out on the Kindle Fire.   I picked up Chainsaw Warrior for my laptop only to find out I could've just put it on my Fire so I need to wait & see first.
Title: Re: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: tgb on November 26, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Nefaro, how do you like your Kindle Fire?  My wife has been asking for the Fire HD for Chanukkah, and Im actually considering going to Best Buy Thursday evening to grab one on sale.
Title: Re: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 07:09:30 AM
Quote from: tgb on November 26, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Nefaro, how do you like your Kindle Fire?  My wife has been asking for the Fire HD for Chanukkah, and Im actually considering going to Best Buy Thursday evening to grab one on sale.

I generally just use it for reading.  Often pdf manuals, the occasional e-book, and rarely a video game.  So I don't use it for a wide variety of things.

My big complaint about the Kindle Fire is that it's locked.  Amazon forces you to buy all your apps through their online store.  So if there's a game that's not hosted by Amazon for their Kindles, you're screwed.  Last I looked, the kindle store was way behind the Google Play store.  Luckily most of the games on these are pretty shallow stuff so I don't often get an urge to look for more.

I'm not gonna complain about mine, since it was a gift.  But if I were to buy one for myself, and the savings between the two wasn't a huge consideration, I'd get a do-all android tablet that worked with everything it possibly can.  Not this locked shit that Amazon did (and Apple is notorious for).

Title: Re: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: Staggerwing on November 27, 2013, 07:39:32 AM
Apps can be 'side loaded' from outside the Amazon store even if you don't want to root your tablet:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-tablets/how-to-get-maps-gmail-on-the-kindle-fire-hd-without-rooting-50010417/

Title: Re: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: tgb on November 27, 2013, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 07:09:30 AM
Quote from: tgb on November 26, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Nefaro, how do you like your Kindle Fire?  My wife has been asking for the Fire HD for Chanukkah, and Im actually considering going to Best Buy Thursday evening to grab one on sale.

I generally just use it for reading.  Often pdf manuals, the occasional e-book, and rarely a video game.  So I don't use it for a wide variety of things.

My big complaint about the Kindle Fire is that it's locked.  Amazon forces you to buy all your apps through their online store.  So if there's a game that's not hosted by Amazon for their Kindles, you're screwed.  Last I looked, the kindle store was way behind the Google Play store.  Luckily most of the games on these are pretty shallow stuff so I don't often get an urge to look for more.

I'm not gonna complain about mine, since it was a gift.  But if I were to buy one for myself, and the savings between the two wasn't a huge consideration, I'd get a do-all android tablet that worked with everything it possibly can.  Not this locked shit that Amazon did (and Apple is notorious for).

My wife is interested in using it for reading or going on line when away from home.  The only gaming she does is on Facebook.  Sounds like this is perfect for her.
Title: Re: Paper Sorcerer
Post by: bob48 on November 27, 2013, 05:28:55 PM
Both me and the missus have Kindle Fire HD's and love 'em. Great for reading and a few games. Lots of free books to download as well.