Not sure if it's legal to try and start a Friday thread on Wednesday...but seeing as how it's a four day weekend in the US for many of us, I will give it a go:
I'm hoping for a new patch for X rebirth. I tried to go back to x3 but I'm not feeling it.
Will of course find time for Flashpoint Campaigns
Maybe some Rome 2 (although I'm getting bored)
LOL.. was thinking myself that it's kind of Friday as well.. getting ready to sign off work soon.. But this Long Weekend revolves around family, so I doubt much gaming time will be had. :-\
Xenonauts! Fun, fun, fun! It's really the rebirth of X-COM. I'm surprised more people aren't playing this.
is TG late this year?
Don't encourage the buggers Geek - no holidays for us >:(
Silence heathens!
Yes, it's late. A day when Americans gather to celebrate American football, dis functional family, gluttony and our only 4 day weekend of the year.
Now back to gaming
Quote from: bob48 on November 27, 2013, 02:43:59 PM
Don't encourage the buggers Geek - no holidays for us >:(
you dont do anything!!!!!
:P
This is going to sound incredibly nerdy...in fact, it IS incredibly nerdy...but when I get done surfing I'm going to be flying multiple FSX flights using my Active Sky real weather, and flying through multiple airports in the northeast with their dog crap weather.
I don't know why I find this so entertaining, but I do! ;D
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1175.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr624%2FMichaelE6%2FNoholiday.jpg&hash=b97dc5b9753c0a8ce67e48d972ab0dd5d9ea6449)
Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
This is going to sound incredibly nerdy...in fact, it IS incredibly nerdy...but when I get done surfing I'm going to be flying multiple FSX flights using my Active Sky real weather, and flying through multiple airports in the northeast with their dog crap weather.
I don't know why I find this so entertaining, but I do! ;D
LOL and it is really dog crap weather today!
That sounds like REAL fun Toonces. Can you give them the finger out your plane window in that simulation? 70 Degrees here in the big Fla. When it drops below 50 we all get crazy and storm the mall looking for winter clothing to buy.
Quote from: Tuna on November 27, 2013, 02:35:46 PM
LOL.. was thinking myself that it's kind of Friday as well.. getting ready to sign off work soon.. But this Long Weekend revolves around family, so I doubt much gaming time will be had. :-\
The wife will be busy and the kid likes watching me play games (though CLOD seems too real to her now -- when she was younger, the occasional crash would just provoke her to urge caution -- now I can't even take the plane low to look at rivers or golf courses without her demanding to play ARMA III -- stop the Parentheses DADDY!) so I'll be playing:
CLOD
Rome II (Epirus! with some pro-Epirus mods and two turns to the year)
ARMAIII (it is getting better slowly)
and that's probably about it....except for some very idle boardgaming.
I've been informed that the next two days are to be device-free...shudder. So boardgames are in, including Zombies!!!, High Noon Saloon, and hopefully Arkham Horror. Maybe Airlines Europe, too.
Of course I just got Skyrim off of Steam's sale, so that's bad timing on my wife's part.
But hey...boardgames!
Swtor double xp weekend.
Some PBEM Commander: The Great War, some Civ V as the Austro-Hungarians, some Wings! demo, and SCWWI + Breakthrough just arrived in the mail...WWI nerdgasm!
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 27, 2013, 02:50:58 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 27, 2013, 02:43:59 PM
Don't encourage the buggers Geek - no holidays for us >:(
you dont do anything!!!!!
:P
Actually, the company I work for is American owned, therefore I submit that I should be allowed to celebrate these hols as well >:(
Just finished beating the Dogs--t out of the Wolf Queen in Skyrim. Or was it the wolfs--t out of the Dog Queen? Any way it was a hell-of-a-fight even with Lydia and a couple of summoned Deadre Princes. And it involved excrement and a queen of some canine origin. So I had my Skyrim fix. Now it's back to Italy in CMFI and Rome 2 along with leaving greasy, turkey fingerprints everywhere. 8)
I traded leaving works early today for a having to go in for some OT this weekend. But it should give me a full afternoon of non interrupt able gaming time.
My gaming this weekend will consists of a little bit of everything:
Skyrim
Xenonauts
Diablo 3 (360)
Arma 3
Command
FC:RS
CK2
EUIV
Not a whole lot different for me (gaming-wise) this weekend -- which, by the way, started for me two days ago and ends Friday morning (I work five nights in a row, starting Friday evening).
Anyway, I'll definitely be playing more Rome 2; continuing my Pontus campaign. Not sure what I'll play aside from that, although odds are good it'll be some combination of Armada 2526 Supernova, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Birth of the Federation (I've been feeling the pull of my long-neglected Klingon campaign), and/or Crusader Kings 2 -- I've still not played that last one anywhere near as much as I ought to have by now. :-[
Empire
State of Decay
Let's See What Steam Has On Sale Now
Re-installing my apps on my replacement Nexus 7
@bob and UCG - If you can get Boxing Day instituted as a holiday in the U.S., we'll let you have Thanksgiving with us :) And I agree, bob, that if you are owned by an American company, you should get American holidays. You'll have to give up your uniquely English holidays, like, Shite! It's Cold and Rainy, celebrated on July 20th. Or Help! I've Eaten English Food Again And Have To Spend The Day In The Loo, celebrated on, well, every day I suspect ;)
As for gaming, Warlock has sucked me back in. I'm approaching Turn 300 on a game with everything maxed out. Three opponents are eliminated and four remain. I've cleared out two underworlds and I am currently entering a third to be sanitized. If there is time, I expect Civ IV BtS MP and I aim to play something else, too. Just not sure what, yet.
You don't get boxing day? Booooo
What was the point of winning your independence if you weren't going to make the same holidays?
The only time I've been to the UK I landed at London on Boxing Day...I had no idea wtf was going on :)
Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2013, 08:15:35 PM
The only time I've been to the UK I landed at London on Boxing Day...I had no idea wtf was going on :)
It was once sacred.... not a thing moved.... it used to be like 28 days later in the town centre but now it's the annual feast day of buying sofas and dining room furniture.... once there was no point going out on boxing day, now I wouldn't dare
My dad still refuses to get dressed on boxing day.....it was his day as a parent and a worker to just shut down, eat pork pie and piccalilli, watch James bond and beat me at the new Christmas board game....I loved it
I was there in 2003 and could not get a cab to save my life...it WAS like 28 Days Later.
Quote from: MetalDog on November 27, 2013, 07:00:43 PM
@bob and UCG - If you can get Boxing Day instituted as a holiday in the U.S., we'll let you have Thanksgiving with us :) And I agree, bob, that if you are owned by an American company, you should get American holidays. You'll have to give up your uniquely English holidays, like, Shite! It's Cold and Rainy, celebrated on July 20th. Or Help! I've Eaten English Food Again And Have To Spend The Day In The Loo, celebrated on, well, every day I suspect ;)
LMAO!!! I knew there was a reason our ancestors immigrated over here!
Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2013, 08:37:45 PM
I was there in 2003 and could not get a cab to save my life...it WAS like 28 Days Later.
So it's like "Black Friday" over here? (Which is slowly becoming Black Thursday night through Friday)
No just the opposite...there was no one anywhere.
I've never really liked Boxing that much to make a whole holiday out of it--- I can't pee with those big gloves on. Now eating hot wings & watching football( the real stuff not Rugby), I could celebrate that every Sunday-- and usually do. Apologies to all of Britain I just probably insulted. ;D
Quote from: Sir Slash on November 27, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
That sounds like REAL fun Toonces. Can you give them the finger out your plane window in that simulation? 70 Degrees here in the big Fla. When it drops below 50 we all get crazy and storm the mall looking for winter clothing to buy.
LOL.
It didn't exactly suck here today. ;D
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi263.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii123%2Ftoonces3%2FH-1_zps222b0e19.jpg&hash=662461e5dd63e49d1869a13fedfe06c3101c21fa)
You are SUCH a show off!!! ;)
15yr old son showed interest in CM:SF so I picked that up last night. We'll see if he still likes it once we try a LAN game or two.
The biggie for the week(end) though is my son said that he was interested in playing a little ASL. I had to take a seat and regain some thought process after he uttered those words. So, hoping that we can play a little scenario to refresh his memory and then I want to get some armor on the maps! In one of our earlier scenarios using armor, he actually did quite well. He put a PzIV in a vital crossroads area and was mowing down my infantry left and right with it for a number of turns. The last game of ASL that we played though, my AFV's just steamrolled over his armor and we haven't played since. Think that left a mark so I may have to sacrifice an AFV or two to keep his interest levels up. :)
Also excited to see the first turn of our Forum Based Twilight Struggle (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8401.0) game unfold. You guys stop by and cheer on either the commies or the capitalists. Should be a fun time of smack talk world domination!
I got Fantasy Flight Games 'Star Wars: The Card Game' from Amazon a few days ago. I need to start reading the rules and putting some screenies together for an AAR.
Got Space Empires V, Brave New World DLC for CiV, and Company of Heroes 2. Also picked up Battle Academy. Lot's to do this week! :)
i shall shortly be retiring to the sofa to read the Twilight rules with a glass of Jamesons
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 10:55:45 AM
i shall shortly be retiring to the sofa to read the Twilight rules with a glass of Jamesons
I could picture Eisenhower doing that....
thats the image im hoping to project
maybe not so after my fourth glass when i fall asleep face down with my ass in the air
<<edit - why and how my ass is in the air is not open for debate!!!>>
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 12:06:59 PM
thats the image im hoping to project
maybe not so after my fourth glass when i fall asleep face down with my ass in the air
<<edit - why and how my ass is in the air is not open for debate!!!>>
This was the worst possible way to describe your state of being after a few drinks. As a scholar and a gentleman, I will not mock you ruthlessly for your blatant need to offer up your ass after a few drinks. Whether or not you are a cheap and easy floozy is none of my business. Carry on, Geek, carry on.
its been my go to position for the last 2 sessions, courtesy of Honey Jack Daniels and Mr Jamesons - i can only assume its because im in the comfort of my own home and theres noone else in there with me!
^Slut.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Honey Jack Daniels. It's good, but kind of sweet, you know? Anyway, I just bought a big jug of regular Jack, so I guess I do know how I feel about it. ::)
Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2013, 01:39:20 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the Honey Jack Daniels. It's good, but kind of sweet, you know? Anyway, I just bought a big jug of regular Jack, so I guess I do know how I feel about it. ::)
After a glass or three it does seem to turn into cough medicine.... a bit like drambuie and southern comfort... but by then I'm half way to tipping over!
Do you have ice with your jd? And do you put ice in your whisky?
Yep to both.
I always put it in jd but never in whisky but I don't know why.... I think my dad passed it down
We've got family up so the time I'm taking to slip away to get on the lappy is the time I use to put stuff up on the front page.
Oh, and I fried a turkey today for the first time. It was every bit as good as rumored.
Relatives may exit the house on Saturday, at which point my regularly scheduled gaming may resume. Having just finished Hitman Absolution I may have to pop for Assassins Creed IV based on Jarhead's recommendation.
I also need to get the patch(s) loaded for Flashpoint Red Storm and see what new goodies are in store.
Quote from: W8taminute on November 28, 2013, 10:51:14 AM
I got Fantasy Flight Games 'Star Wars: The Card Game' from Amazon a few days ago.
You should swing by. I would love to play that. ;D
I have
Netrunner from Fantasy Flight, another one of their LCGs. It's pretty cool how the two sides' gameplay mechanics differ in opposition of each other. I had picked up some of the old CCG version back in the late 90s and I'm glad someone re-released it as an LCG. I'm guessing the Star Wars one is also similarly derived from an earlier CCG version??
The only issue with these LCGs is that they're only 2-player.
I bought the X-Wing minis game some time ago. Also got a TIE Interceptor, the Falcon, and Slave I. Have I played it yet? Nope. :(
I played my first game of Star Wars: The Card Game by Fantasy Flight Games for the first time over the weekend. I really liked it. This card game seems to focus on burning through cards in order to get that one or two cards needed to crush your opponent but other than that I liked it. Good game to introduce the kids to or someone new to card gaming.