GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tomlok on November 29, 2013, 10:44:20 AM

Title: WCNAW?
Post by: Tomlok on November 29, 2013, 10:44:20 AM
Hi

Does anyone have NWS WCNAW?

cheers
Title: Re: WCNAW?
Post by: Ubercat on November 29, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
I probably don't but I own a ton of games so your abbreviation may just be flying over my head. You might have gotten an answer by now if you spelled it out. What is it?
Title: Re: WCNAW?
Post by: Tomlok on November 29, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
Hi

Sorry

NWS: Warship Combat Navies at War


Cheers
Title: Re: WCNAW?
Post by: Ubercat on November 29, 2013, 07:55:18 PM
Ah, I don't have it. Sorry.
Title: Re: WCNAW?
Post by: Nefaro on November 30, 2013, 07:12:39 AM
I own WCNAW.

It kinda reminds me of how a tabletop naval minis game would play out.   It plays out like a turn-based tabletop game, so I like it for that reason.  It has a random battle generator and an easy editor for making your own.  I believe there are a good amount of user-created battles available on their forum for download too.

There's a lot of variety to be had since it contains ships from WW1 to WW2.   Don't expect a fancy look or interface.   I like Steam & Iron better than WCNAW but S&I is meant to be run as more of a real-time game even though it's based on quick turn-like pulses.  WCNAW is nice because it's turn-based so you don't have to constantly jockey time controls.  Did I mention that there are a lot of ships in WCNAW?  :D