Because fresh Friday threads are always fun.
I'm fully geeked out in FSX. I'm not even going to list anything else.
i will be playing some HOI III and having a first dabble/tutorial glancing turn on Fallen Enchantress:LH
Started the air tutorial on CMANO, im 17 mins into the game but i like it so far!
I'll likely be playing quite a bit of Buying games : the game this weekend. So rather than playing them, I'll be downloading them. ;D I also got a board game order in yesterday that needs to be punched out and sorted.
I see a lot of prepping to play games, but not a lot of actual game playing, this weekend.
And then snow-pocalypse hits on Sunday-Monday for the 2nd time already this winter. Weeeeee!
I've pretty much just been playing Rome 2 thus far, with a dash of BOTF thrown in. I keep eying CK2 sitting on my desktop, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet.
A lot of Civ V and a lot of Bioshock: Infinite.
had an hour of Fallen Enchantress LE - i know im immerssed and enjoying a game when i cant wait to get to the right research levels to open up deeper parts of the game - i rushed and got battered by bandits, without a leader the bandits rampaged my town - end of game - must take it easier, but loved every minute
Did my turn against Baloogan in our current Command MP game. Playing a hypothetical 1950's Battle of the Corral Sea (US/UK/NATO vs the USSR) scenario.
Also played a little over an hours worth of Baldurs Gate EE. Picked it up on Steam. Never played either of the Baldurs gate games. Still not sure what I think of it. Can see where a lot of the influence for Dragon Age came from. But I think from a story and mechanics perspective, DA falls flat for me, here's hoping BG doesn't do the same.
Not sure what I'm going to fire up next, trying to decide between Skyrim, FC:RS, Xenonauts or some Diablo 3....or maybe pick up State of Decary on the Steam sale. Decisions, Decisions..... :o
My plan - get games after they've been out for a while and get them cheap. Picked up CM:SF + Marines module for $25 and have been having a blast with it. My 15 yr old really likes it as well (it allowed me to install it on 2 PC's). We watched "Black Hawk Down" (again) today and have been playing some scenarios covering MOUT op's in urban settings against UNCON units (Taliban, etc). So I first played CM:SF years ago when my brother bought it and let me borrow a license. Hated it. I couldn't get used to the controls, the camera, nothing. Got killed instantly. Now, after a gazillion patches, they seem to have it down pretty good and man, are we enjoying it. I understand that they will be updating it to "CMx2" standards as well (whatever that is).
I also have a CMBB pbem game going and always look forward to those turns.
Commands and Colors: Ancients is on the table for tomorrow. PRAYING that we get to some ASL on Sunday.
Very much looking forward to processing turns for the Grogheads Forum Based Twilight Struggle game as well.
Fixin' to load Warlock again shortly. Really want to play something else, too. Not sure if there's time or opportunity.
Just finished X-Com: Enemy Within so moving on.....
CK2 : Game of Thrones Mod
FE:LH
Prison Architect
EU IV
ARMA III
Dominions IV
Shogun 2
Who know what else.....
PE
^ How about Football Manager 2013?
http://www.warlock2.com/
Dawg - I hope you're savin' your pennies ready for this.
Just watched the official video. A bit tongue in cheeky. "Turtle war." Certainly a must get. Wonder if maybe LB will get an advanced copy he could send my way. I'd even write an AAR or review for his generosity.
blimey - just lost 2 hours to FE:LH - its a time sink alright
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 30, 2013, 12:01:17 PM
blimey - just lost 2 hours to FE:LH - its a time sink alright
;D
Guess it will be some Armada 2526 Supernova and maybe, maybe some Conquest: Frontier Wars.
I've been all about Survivor Squad lately. If you guys haven't picked up this fun little time waster you're missing out. I bought the Skyrim collection Thursday but I need to get a new video card and power supply before a make a proper go at it. I also had my heart broken today in the Michigan-Ohio State game. I really wish there was a good American Football Manager game. Maybe one day...
Just got screwed in my maxed out Warlock game. I would have bet the house that I clicked 'Defeat the Mages,' as the only Victory Condition. I needed to build a Temple to Grum Gog, so I plopped down a Monster city with a Holy Site within its borders. Soon as I did, my avatar popped up telling me I had won. That wouldn't have been so bad, but, there is no option to conitnue playing, so, all my well laid plans for my rivals will never be carried out :(
So, after my fail in yesterdays Warlock game, I installed AGEoD's American Civil War. I played the Tutorials and then started a Grand Campaign. I am not doing too well, but, I knew it was going to be played for learning, not winning. I also started watching some of the Let's Play videos on YouTube. I've gotten through the first eight. I learned a few salient points and will probably watch a few more before I get back in to my first attempt. So far, I'm digging it!