GrogHeads Forum

Welcome => Welcome Aboard! => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 11:06:06 AM

Title: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 11:06:06 AM
Hey y'all -

I'm looking for some help from those of you not in my immediate vicinity (which is, I think, everyone except B_C)

Starbucks as a collector's series of mugs in many of the stores right now.  Some are themed to cities (Detroit, Washington DC) and others to states (North Carolina, Hawaii).  We've got the 4 I just mentioned, but I'd love to help her fill out the collection.

If y'all don't mind checking your local McCoffeebucks for these mugs, and shoot me a note.  I'm happy to cover the costs of the mugs/shipping for the ones we can track down.

I've also got some work colleagues tracking down mugs from Toronto and San Diego (where we've got folks headed over the next 2 weeks or so).

Sample image of the mugs I'm looking for:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51HbUSRP79L._AA300_.jpg&hash=dff9f26c88eede545715caa2f71ee57218737a4b)

Just shoot me a note if you can help out.  Thanks!
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Bison on March 26, 2012, 11:07:56 AM
How long are they on sale for?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 11:13:24 AM
no idea - I've seen them for 6-8 months now
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: undercovergeek on March 26, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
you want states or some of the far flung cities over here? in my ops department we have frankfurt, london, paris, prague, hamburg, berlin, madrid and barcelona
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bob48 on March 26, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
A Grogheads mug would be cool.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 02:15:20 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 26, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
you want states or some of the far flung cities over here? in my ops department we have frankfurt, london, paris, prague, hamburg, berlin, madrid and barcelona

I'll take whatever I can get!  Some international one would be wicked cool, but I don't even know if they make them...
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: bob48 on March 26, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
A Grogheads mug would be cool.

Let us get some administrivia knocked out.  I want to get us set up on Cafe Press where we can do mugs, shirts, etc.  I really want a GrogHeads shirt or two, just to make everyone at work wonder what I'm up to.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on March 26, 2012, 02:43:21 PM
Brant, I'll check my local SB for a Maine mug.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: LongBlade on March 26, 2012, 03:09:18 PM
OK, just because I'm lazy like that, I surfed over to Starbucks.com to see if I could magically make your mugs appear.

Apparently, you are on a legitimate Quest. I could not find them on the website. I'll roll by my local one here in a few minutes and see what I can find for you.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: LongBlade on March 26, 2012, 03:11:15 PM
...except that I was clever enough to hit Amazon.com (where your image came from) and discovered you can buy a ton of them there.

Nevertheless I'll see what my local shop has.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Centurion40 on March 26, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
I'll check and see if there is anything worthwhile here.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on March 26, 2012, 04:08:47 PM
No joy at Starbucks #1. Fortunately there are about a dozen in town.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: LongBlade on March 26, 2012, 04:09:18 PM
I found nothing at my local shop. The girl said she'd worked there for months and never seen one. And more interesting, there was a guy in just yesterday who asked for the same thing.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: MikeGER on March 26, 2012, 04:17:31 PM
maybe this German fan website could be handy there are ppl who sell and want to trade their mugs

http://www.city-mugs.de/Marktplatz/marktplatz.php
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on March 26, 2012, 04:24:59 PM
I'm starting to get the sense that this might be a head game that Brant is playing. See how many of us he can get to look for the mugs that don't really exist!
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2012, 09:06:59 PM
nah, they exist - see the Hawaii mug above (which we already have, as the in-laws live there).
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: MetalDog on March 26, 2012, 10:31:41 PM
Just had to post something to make 667.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 05, 2012, 09:22:06 PM
anyone have any luck with any of their local Starbucks looking for these mugs?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
wow - first post here and wrong thread! My bad!  >:(
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Barthheart on April 13, 2012, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
wow - first post here and wrong thread! My bad!  >:(

Welcome JD, I was beginning to worry...  8)
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: LongBlade on April 13, 2012, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
wow - first post here and wrong thread! My bad!  >:(

No worries. Keeping on subject is typically frowned upon here anyway.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 19, 2017, 04:11:44 PM
Bump
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on December 19, 2017, 04:13:27 PM
Holy Necro, Batman!
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bob48 on December 19, 2017, 04:15:51 PM
I'll have a look next time we pass one of their establishments - there is one at out local mega supermarket and well be there on Thursday.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 19, 2017, 04:55:33 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 19, 2017, 04:13:27 PM
Holy Necro, Batman!

Amazing what you can dig up around here huh? :)
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on December 19, 2017, 04:56:29 PM
Some things are better left buried.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: undercovergeek on December 19, 2017, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 19, 2017, 04:55:33 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 19, 2017, 04:13:27 PM
Holy Necro, Batman!

Amazing what you can dig up around here huh? :)

Mirths mum?

Toonces pride?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 19, 2017, 06:03:50 PM
Talking about resurrection - where's Longblade?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Gusington on December 19, 2017, 06:26:37 PM
You only just noticed he was gone?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Steelgrave on December 19, 2017, 07:46:12 PM
Who's gone?

Brant, most major cities have a Starbucks mug. I have a number of them myself, including one from the original store in Seattle. Want me to check the local stores for OKC or is that too rustic for ya?   8)
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bbmike on December 19, 2017, 07:47:14 PM
Is it a specific one (like the picture)? DC has several.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 19, 2017, 08:19:20 PM
So of the mugs in the style above, we now have

Washington DC
Hawaii
Waikiki
Charlotte
Houston
Dallas
London
Toronto
San Francisco
San Diego
Calgary
North Carolina
Detroit
Glasgow
Las Vegas
St Louis
India
California
Atlanta
New Orleans
Frankfurt
Cologne
Vancouver

Many of those were picked up on the great family reunion road trip of 2012 but others have trickled in over the years.

The challenge is that I don't think Sbux has that line in stores any more b/c they've swapped out for the shorter, stockier "You Are Here" series :(
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bbmike on December 20, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
I'm off the hook.  :clap:
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 20, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
I'm off the hook.  :clap:

how close are you to Baltimore?  :)
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: mirth on December 20, 2017, 09:24:26 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 20, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
I'm off the hook.  :clap:

how close are you to Baltimore?  :)

Marty'll help you out!
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2017, 09:28:35 AM
Dare I say that I will be driving through Baltimore this Saturday?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: Sir Slash on December 20, 2017, 09:32:48 AM
The nearest Starbucks to me is 30 miles away. If I'm close to one, I'll give it a look-see. Or, if I happen by some poor smuck with a mug held loosely in his grubby paws, I'll grab it and run. If he catches up with me, there maybe a little blood on it. Mine probably. That OK?
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 10:30:47 AM
sure - either it washes out or I tell the wife that it's part of the decor pattern
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: trailrunner on December 20, 2017, 12:03:23 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
how close are you to Baltimore?  :)

I just drove through there yesterday.  Not planning on going back anytime soon, though.
Title: Re: Need a Hand From the Grogs
Post by: bbmike on December 20, 2017, 12:31:59 PM
^Smart man.