GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on December 17, 2013, 06:37:45 AM

Title: Early access onslaught
Post by: undercovergeek on December 17, 2013, 06:37:45 AM
Im looking at my Steam account, and apart from 415 hours on Football Manager (!!) and 200 and odd on HOI III, most games (theres a few hovering around 20 hours) have between 8 hours or less - i think it takes a truly immersive or outstanding game to get into high double and triple figures (and a few will get there).

So, if my average game time before i move on, buy another shiny bauble is about 8 hours and one can get early access to a game and put 8 hours into it at alpha - if it doesnt grab you by then (and why would an alpha grab you really?) you bin the game - surely the hordes of early release games are doing themselves a disservice and would be better staying concealed until finished - like ye olden days
Title: Re: Early access onslaught
Post by: Yskonyn on December 17, 2013, 06:45:17 AM
Yeah my library sits full of games which I only played a few hours.
BUT: The hours on Steam are not always correct because I sometimes chose to play games without the Steam interface being active (like SotS 2 or a few Paradox games), so they won't count the hours.
Still, I do have many many games with just a few hours in. I wouldn't call them early access onslaught victims, but more like crazy-sale victims. :P