GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MengJiao on December 18, 2013, 09:51:54 AM

Title: Of all the Nervii
Post by: MengJiao on December 18, 2013, 09:51:54 AM

  The Gaul of some people (like, okay Julius Caesar)...

  Anyway, as I write this (or rather dictate to a slave who will send it by runner to a time capsule hermetically linked to the internet 2150 years later), I'm sitting in a bungalow made of my enemy's skulls...no not really.  I am though, contemplating the early snow falling on the remains of the principal Oppidum of the Remi, sitting, I suppose, roughly where Rheims will be.  These Remi had no real barbaric culture -- no knowledge of the Oak.  Their feasts were merely symposia, not the drunken blood-baths of proper savages.  No wonder they fell appart when three battered warbands came howling out of the forests.

   So here we sit contemplating the strange atmosphere of a lull in the fighting.  The dogs are barking and I've sent the troops off to do their wavering in private.  Anyway, unbelievably we did well.  24 weeks into the mod, after a rainy September and the rag-tag armies of the Nervii have gotten some decent weapons, some mercenaries and can build ballistae.  I spent funds on food production and mercenaries and got funds from diplomacy and the Tribal Thing.  So the Nervii are still in the game, though their allies are profiting more from all the fighting than we have as yet.