GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

Title: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2013, 08:50:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFrGF54B0r0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFrGF54B0r0)

It may cost you $2,000 to get. Worth it if you're training for combat, but probably not so much if you're just a gamer.
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: Staggerwing on December 21, 2013, 09:10:36 AM
 It does look pretty sweet. It was almost a zen-like experience... until the camera found the AK  :D


One thing though, from the end credits:
QuoteThe original work has been altered
???

Is that referring to the original VSB or that the video has been 'sweetened'?
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: SgtRock on December 21, 2013, 12:21:25 PM
I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: Staggerwing on December 21, 2013, 12:25:48 PM
It's the latest in a line of professional sims used by the militaries of several nations, derived from the ARMA series of tactical shooters.
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: son_of_montfort on December 21, 2013, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on December 21, 2013, 12:21:25 PM
I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!

VBS always meant "Vacation Bible School" in my youth. But I can't imagine better graphics.
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: Nefaro on December 21, 2013, 11:36:47 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on December 21, 2013, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on December 21, 2013, 12:21:25 PM
I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!

VBS always meant "Vacation Bible School" in my youth. But I can't imagine better graphics.

Isn't that where most god-fearing youths lose their virginity? 
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: MikeGER on December 22, 2013, 03:31:12 AM
...the sim/training tool is sooo detailed (see the newspaper) that accidentally damaging a virtual Quran -when simulating nightly snacht op including house search for weapons cache -  you get real word mass riots ;D
(even so you claim that its just build in to train the soldiers to be sensitive to the culture in the area of operation, and damaging local cultural item earns them a ass-chewing in the instructors AARs )
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: LongBlade on December 22, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
It's curious that they focused completely on the improved graphics. I get the increase in immersion but find it odd that Bohemia wants to lead with that.

JH, do you think BI will give you another look at it for review like we did for VBS2?
Title: Re: VBS3 - Looking impressive
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 22, 2013, 03:27:12 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 22, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
It's curious that they focused completely on the improved graphics. I get the increase in immersion but find it odd that Bohemia wants to lead with that.

JH, do you think BI will give you another look at it for review like we did for VBS2?

I'm sure there are other improvements besides graphics, but the video just highlights the graphics changes.

It is unlikely that I can get preview/review code. My contact at Bohemia, Gordon Bradbury, has moved on to other things and my efforts to reach Bohemia PR have not been successful.